Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

a daft question about shipping and insurance...

a daft question about shipping and insurance...

Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:39 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default a daft question about shipping and insurance...

Hi folks.

I'm sat here trying to work out yet another form, the shipping insurance form. The same question came up while filling in the acceptance form for the shipping. Oh yeah by the way i'm using PSS, i thought that might be worth mentioning.

ok well the question is this, how do they expect you to have a destination address? I have a contact address of a friend who lives over in auz, but i don't think he'd want all my junk turning up at his door one morning. Can you change this address in transit? Can you just write on the form 'to follow' or just enter the destination town/city?

What did all you other expats do?

any suggestions would be appreciated, if not i'll just ring pss in the morning.

cheers all!

Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:45 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure, mate (I'm useful, aren't I?!) but this must happen all the time. Someone will know.....

Drove past Doncaster yesterday - which is an interesting fact!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: a daft question about shipping and insurance...

Hello
not a stupid question at all, on ours we put the address of a friend as well as their phone number, its just for their records, the man from Pickfords said that when you get there they contact you to ask 'where and when' to deliver your stuff, they will not just turn up with it!
hope this helps
Rach x
Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:51 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by bundy
Not sure, mate (I'm useful, aren't I?!) but this must happen all the time. Someone will know.....

Drove past Doncaster yesterday - which is an interesting fact!
you mean you drove past and didn't come and say hello? Actually if you had i might have put you to work fixing my washer. loverly place innit?

anyway... you're right! i can't be the only chap to go through this..... shirley someone must know???
Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:53 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by scutterUK
you mean you drove past and didn't come and say hello? Actually if you had i might have put you to work fixing my washer. loverly place innit?

anyway... you're right! i can't be the only chap to go through this..... shirley someone must know???
LOL! Yes, should have popped in with my tool kit. Was pelting back from Bradford late last night. Only saw the signs for Doncaster, so can't really comment on the place itself
Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:54 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hello
not a stupid question at all, on ours we put the address of a friend as well as their phone number, its just for their records, the man from Pickfords said that when you get there they contact you to ask 'where and when' to deliver your stuff, they will not just turn up with it!
hope this helps
Rach x
ahh rach!! someone with some useful information at last.

i sort of presumed this would happen, but you never know. i'll just put my mates address down and not tell him.

cheers Rach!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:56 pm
life begins again...

LOL! Yes, should have popped in with my tool kit. Was pelting back from Bradford late last night. Only saw the signs for Doncaster, so can't really comment on the place itself
ahh in that case then you probably saw the best part of it. Actually it's a good job you wasn't passing yesterday afternoon, it was pississting it down! (and guess what stupid twonk was out in it taking all my junk to the local tip!? ...erm i think i just answered that question myself!)
Old Jul 18th 2004, 4:57 pm
life begins again...

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:10 pm
She's a bird, you know

ahh in that case then you probably saw the best part of it. Actually it's a good job you wasn't passing yesterday afternoon, it was pississting it down! (and guess what stupid twonk was out in it taking all my junk to the local tip!? ...erm i think i just answered that question myself!)

That's why I ended up going so late! Not much fun driving from Bradford to Cambridge in the rain.....
Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:35 pm
life begins again...

That's why I ended up going so late! Not much fun driving from Bradford to Cambridge in the rain.....
you do right, driving in the rain isn't much fun at the best of times. even less so on a bike.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:38 pm
She's a bird, you know

you do right, driving in the rain isn't much fun at the best of times. even less so on a bike.
LOL! Not exactly ideal in a crappy Fiat Punto with a leaky door!
Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:42 pm
life begins again...

LOL! Not exactly ideal in a crappy Fiat Punto with a leaky door!
hehe no, that's true. i got a bit soggy today on the bike, it was blue skies over donneh, by the time i got to grimsby it was black over and chucking it down... Leather stinks when it's soaked through.
Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

Leather stinks when it's soaked through.

So do cows
Old Jul 18th 2004, 5:50 pm
life begins again...

So do cows

yeah but cows dont get hung up to dry in the house... ... and they smell for other reasons too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.