CV Advice

Old Jan 2nd 2008, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default CV Advice

Hi Guys,

Happy New Year to all you guys, hope you all had a good one.

I need to ask some advice, I am heading out to Perth In February and wouldnt mind looking for work while I am out there. I am looking for some one that can give my CV a going over to make sure it is suitable for use in Australia.

Thanks for your help in advance, I dont have internet access at the moment so may take a while to reply.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 12:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CV Advice

Originally Posted by philnorris
Hi Guys,

I need to ask some advice, I am heading out to Perth In February and wouldnt mind looking for work while I am out there. I am looking for some one that can give my CV a going over to make sure it is suitable for use in Australia.

Thanks for your help in advance, I dont have internet access at the moment so may take a while to reply.
If you want me to have a look you can PM me and I'll give you my email addy.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 4:58 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philnorris
Hi Guys,

A CV is a CV. A CV for Australia or the UK should be no different.
I get to look at a lot of CVs. Nearly all of them are a waste of time - theor usefulness is vastly overrated. If I don't see what I want in a CV within 15 seconds - I don't bother. I'll know within 30 seconds of meeting someone for an interview if they are suitable or not
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:44 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
A CV is a CV. A CV for Australia or the UK should be no different.
I get to look at a lot of CVs. Nearly all of them are a waste of time - theor usefulness is vastly overrated. If I don't see what I want in a CV within 15 seconds - I don't bother. I'll know within 30 seconds of meeting someone for an interview if they are suitable or not
Snap.

All this crap about paying someone to re-write your cv for you, what a scam.
Its a pretty simple document and is not really any different hear vs anywhere else.
Just make it clear, not too long winded and accurate.
Avoid fancy graphics and pictures, tables and annoying document formatting.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 5:46 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve99
Snap.

All this crap about paying someone to re-write your cv for you, what a scam.
Its a pretty simple document and is not really any different hear vs anywhere else.
Just make it clear, not too long winded and accurate.
Avoid fancy graphics and pictures, tables and annoying document formatting.
And don't rely on the spell checker.
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

muffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant futuremuffinoz has a brilliant future

... all of the above and probably a bit longer than you would in the UK ... 3 - 5 pages is the norm ... you may well end up having to fill out selectiion criteria particularly if you going for govt jobs ... pain in the bum but that's the rules ... probably desperately obvious ... but saying you worked in Maidstone / Worksop / Falkirk etc etc is irrelevant over here ... industry sector and experience count ... and make sure you spell out all your edukashunal achievements as what I did ... hmmm wonder why I haven't got a job??

Good luck ... David
Old Jan 3rd 2008, 3:00 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all

.... and If you want, you can call it a RESUME.