Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cut out and keep

Cut out and keep

Old Jul 27th 2005, 4:10 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cut out and keep

WILL YOU STOP!!!!!!!!!! It's like being back at work, and I've only just started my holiday :scared:
Old Jul 27th 2005, 9:05 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Can't imagine what I'll start here but my pet hate is misplaced apostrophes - note to self, get a life
ROFLMAO - mine too!!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:05 pm
been there........

TheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud ofTheCrone has much to be proud of

Another spelling pedant! But congratulations, all I do is sit and shake my head rather than something constructive, like your list.
Are the old-fashioned mnemonics not taught now in schools? I remember:
"i" before "e", except after "c" (which makes a nonsense of the correct spelling of "weird') and:
There is, there are, there was, there were - T-H-E-R-E...........
Any more, anyone?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:10 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent! Now dont get me started on the grammar on this site, or grammer as some prefer to say!
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:12 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lucyb
Excellent! Now dont get me started on the grammar on this site, or grammer as some prefer to say!

PS My BIGGEST pet hate is when people say 'We was' instead of 'we were' or 'them ones' instead of 'those ones'.
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:12 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

It's **** and not ****, that really pisses me off
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:13 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

You missed out Definitely not definately, or definetly or definiatly or defiantly.

Honestly, check out the spellings of 'defintely' on this forum. It makes ya weep,

ADL
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
It's **** and not ****, that really pisses me off
Depends if your Irish or not... and a Father Ted fan...

ADL
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:14 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

ho cares, if u can still read it. im just lazy, not a crime yet !!!!!!!!!!! oops
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:15 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Depends if your Irish or not... and a Father Ted fan...

ADL
Not Irish, hate Father Ted, support Rangers.

HTH
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:17 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

My mum gets on my nerves cos she says "sut onthe sofa" and not sat on the sofa....
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by fraser
Not Irish, hate Father Ted, support Rangers.

HTH

I'm not Irish either, support St Mirren (shut up , they used to be good), and my next door neighbour used to be Billy Thompson.

What d'ya mean you've never heard of him. He was Saint Mirrens goalie. He even played for Scotland (once, maybe twice ). Really good bloke, wonder what ever happened to him.

Anyway have a shuftie at this, it should interest you for..... well, maybe not interest.... ehhhm this should slow your computer down for 5 seconds

http://www.saintmirren-mad.co.uk/

ADL
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A dogs life
I'm not Irish either, support St Mirren (shut up , they used to be good), and my next door neighbour used to be Billy Thompson.

What d'ya mean you've never heard of him. He was Saint Mirrens goalie. He even played for Scotland (once, maybe twice ). Really good bloke, wonder what ever happened to him.

Anyway have a shuftie at this, it should interest you for..... well, maybe not interest.... ehhhm this should slow your computer down for 5 seconds

http://www.saintmirren-mad.co.uk/

ADL
he was also the dundee u keeper. one of the best at his prime. he would have had a winners medal for europe if he hadnt been kicked in the face during the first half of the final. rmbr the guy well. did he not sign for rangers when he was crap?
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:27 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Billy played for a few clubs on leaving Saints, including Rangers. He is currently a coach at Ibrox, helping to bring on some of the younger goalkeepers, and appeared a few times on the TV programme Blue Heaven about the Rangers youth set up.
thanx for the link JTL
now saved to faves. the toon i was born
Old Jul 27th 2005, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by soapy
he was also the dundee u keeper. one of the best at his prime. he would have had a winners medal for europe if he hadnt been kicked in the face during the first half of the final. rmbr the guy well. did he not sign for rangers when he was crap?

Yeah, thats right he moved to Dundee U. I don't remember after that,. I just remember he was a dead sound guy with a couple of young kids. He autographed stuff for me after he got his first Scotland cap, his kids were a bit younger than me. Him and my uncle used to go boozing together. Whatever happened to him?

I feel a google search coming on

ADL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.