Wikiposts
View Poll Results: What do you think of the issue?
Give that woman a medal
66.67%
That was really unnecessary
7.41%
Don't care either way
25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

A cut 'n paste!

Old Sep 21st 2003, 12:38 am
Just Joined

kzippi is an unknown quantity at this point

been there, done it 4 times, you name the public place I've done it. (breastfeeding that is!!!!)
Good on ya all you breastfeeding mums out there, I have no time for the small minded anti-breastfeeding in public people!!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 12:56 am
Just Joined

bearbum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Larissa
Thanks for that - funny the article didn't tell us it was just an hour! Shame about the thing in parliament though - some of those things can go on for hours and women should be represented in parliament. I'm not sure you can equate breastfeeding to having a dump though.
I'm quite happy to breastfeed but not take a dump in public!

I didn't actually mean take a dump in public, I ment leaving the set during the middle of the news report, the point I was making that if you have a job and a schedule you have to organise your life around it to a degree, I agree that where possible it should be acceptable for women to have their child with them and feed it when required. Things like parliment are classic examples in that they often sit for hours and at irregular times and it's not allways desirable to leave the chamber
Old Sep 21st 2003, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bearbum
I didn't actually mean take a dump in public, I ment leaving the set during the middle of the news report,
sorry bearbum - porridge for brains me! (Must be all that breastfeeding!)
Old Sep 21st 2003, 1:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks for that - funny the article didn't tell us it was just an hour! Shame about the thing in parliament though - some of those things can go on for hours and women should be represented in parliament. I'm not sure you can equate breastfeeding to having a dump though.
I'm quite happy to breastfeed but not take a dump in public!

I didn't actually mean take a dump in public, I ment leaving the set during the middle of the news report, the point I was making that if you have a job and a schedule you have to organise your life around it to a degree, I agree that where possible it should be acceptable for women to have their child with them and feed it when required. Things like parliment are classic examples in that they often sit for hours and at irregular times and it's not allways desirable to leave the chamber
Old Sep 21st 2003, 1:12 am
Just Joined

Red face

Originally posted by bearbum

Oops, sorry folks didn't mean to post it twice!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 5:52 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

[i]how ridiculous.

mind you she has got nipples like spat out chewing gum now.

I'm sure your girlfriend would be glad to know that you're so complimentary about her nips!!!
Old Sep 21st 2003, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
good for her!!!

why is it no one bats an eyelid when newspapers show bimbos with their silicone tits hanging out all over the place, but a mother breast feeding her baby in public causes outrage!!!???
I once had to feed my daughter on a bus (we were stuck in traffic) and the tuts I raised were incredible. I politely told the frowners to f@@@ off.

sue
( a fully paid up member of the breastfeedbrigade!!)

"You go girl" ...........
Old Sep 21st 2003, 1:49 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I am fascinated by this debate as I am in the thinking of family stage. I certainly have no problem with it. Just wondering if the little buggers could wait. If they are like me when I am hungry I doubt it.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:00 pm
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point

I breastfed both of my children, I had a carrier with a zip at the back so I was able to walk round town with a couple of buttons undone and no-one noticed! I had my daughter 2 1/2 weeks before the start of my final year of my degree and wanted to wait until breastfeeding was established before I started expressing so I took her In with me for the first two weeks, most lecturersdidnt even know that they had a baby in their class as she slept most of the time and as soon as she woke up, I fed her and she was content.

Sainsbury's restaurant have a policy that if anyone complains about a mother breastfeeding, that person gets thrown out!

(PS. welshboybilly - the nipps should go back to normal once she's stopped!)
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:39 pm
WBB

Originally posted by nell m

(PS. welshboybilly - the nipps should go back to normal once she's stopped!)
when she breast fed the first one it was the same, she has had a gap of a couple of years and now its chewing gum syndrome all over again.

roll on solid food

Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I am fascinated by this debate as I am in the thinking of family stage. I certainly have no problem with it. Just wondering if the little buggers could wait. If they are like me when I am hungry I doubt it.
When they're tiny, if they're hungry they can't really wait!!! In the womb, they have all their needs supplied, so they don't feel hunger. Then they're born and shock, horror, they get hungry and it's like the end of the world for them!!! Ahhhh... we can't wait for all the ickle bondipoms...
Welshboybilly - I'd check that babies mouth if I were you - has she got clanky metal teeth? :scared:
Old Sep 21st 2003, 8:59 pm
WBB

Welshboybilly - I'd check that babies mouth if I were you - has she got clanky metal teeth? :scared:

maybe the nipple syndrome is down to my teeth :scared:

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 12:15 am
Badge

I went to the park with my fiance and one of her mates with a new sprog got hers out to feed. We didn't bat an eyelid.

Nice rack though.

badgers

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 12:18 am
Badge

lets face it - on the face of it, its not that its wrong to breast feed in public - it might just be a bit unprofessional to schedule anything that "detracts" from your job - I mean - a newsreader wouldn't open a Mars Bar half way through a bulletin, would they?

Badgers - a breast feeding fan.

Old Sep 22nd 2003, 12:20 am
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

It's all just typical of certain attitudes. Nobody bats an eyelid at murders / fights and general gruesomeness on the telly, but as soon as somebody feeds a baby on the box, the Daily Mail readers all come out of the woodwork.

I wouldn't mind having to explain two people bonking on the box to my kids, or seeing certain Blue peter presenters running round in the buff, after all, thats all natural.

Make Love not War

Blue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.