Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Customer Service in Australia ?

Customer Service in Australia ?

Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

mash2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Customer Service in Australia ?

How do people find the Customer Service Here in Australia?

Room for improvement?

I have spent hours on the phone reporting a faulty telephone line, is this normal?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:37 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customer Service in Australia ?

Originally Posted by mash2000

Room for improvement?

I have spent hours on the phone reporting a faulty telephone line, is this normal?
We have been waiting three months for some wardrobes to be delivered...we were told three weeks.

Customer service can be shite.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Angry Re: Customer Service in Australia ?

any compensation for the delay inconvenience caused to you?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:44 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Room for improvement?

Telstra? You will find that with the multi-nationals nowadays, they outsource their customer service to places like India etc. Keeping track of the customer service staff is pretty near impossible, so that you virtually have to repeat the story each time you call.

Last edited by The Bloke; Nov 20th 2009 at 11:46 am.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:45 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

any compensation for the delay inconvenience caused to you?
Yep....they are custom made....but I intend to tell them where to stuff them once they are ready
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:47 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Yep....they are custom made....but I intend to tell them where to stuff them once they are ready
Have you paid in advance? If you have, you might loose money if you do tell them to stuff it.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 11:51 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Have you paid in advance? If you have, you might loose money if you do tell them to stuff it.
Nope...just a small deposit which I don't care about.

However the wardrobes were expensive and designed for a specific purpose. They would be no use to anyone else.

We shall start 'negotiations' once they tell me they are ready
Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Nope...just a small deposit which I don't care about.

However the wardrobes were expensive and designed for a specific purpose. They would be no use to anyone else.

We shall start 'negotiations' once they tell me they are ready
Keep us posted.

I'm now in what you would possibly call a customer service position. I have to keep the customer continuously updated on the status of their order, especially if there are any delays in getting the goods in. This means that I have to keep on suppliers backs re delivery times. I pretty much now have a phone glued to my ear most of the day.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it is any worse or better than the uk!
Some companies are great & some are crap......nothing new!
Old Nov 20th 2009, 1:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Room for improvement?

I find it quite good generally - pretty normal for 1st world country - there is good and bad. My ISP iinet are excellent, bank is good, most people at shops are friendly enough. I do avoid companies with bad customer reputations though so I guess that improves my all round experience.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
I don't think it is any worse or better than the uk!
Some companies are great & some are crap......nothing new!
Agree with that lovely.

Sky used to be great, had so many rows with them when we've finally got through (seems to work if we go through to another department, particularly to cancel all our sky packages !) Have been left on hold to technical help for over an hour before !
But in some ways better than BT where I would be passed from pillar to post and after 6 ppl finally get to speak to someone who knows what they're talking about.

Find it with SOOOOOO many other companies too, car insurance etc etc.
I don't think it should be called customer service anymore cause it's not what you get and the customer isn't always right unless they can prove it nowadays. Crap attitude if you ask me and that when i've actually worked for the companies that are saying no you can't give a refund unless they have proof they bought it from here !
Old Nov 20th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hello Bloke,

Telstsra have not outsourced, all the their calls are handled within Australia, for instance When I call from Sydney depending on traffic the call diverted to Adelaide or Perth gets answered by local trained or sorry untrained people.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

Hi garley,

Did they gave you the honest time frame to build the cupboards or just made it up as time went on?
Old Nov 20th 2009, 6:13 pm

Hello Bloke,

Telstsra have not outsourced, all the their calls are handled within Australia, for instance When I call from Sydney depending on traffic the call diverted to Adelaide or Perth gets answered by local trained or sorry untrained people.
Never said they did. What I said was that most multinationals (especially IT and telcos) now tend to out source to India etc because it is cheaper to do that than employ locals. I just asked if it was it Telstra that you were having problems wth, as they seem to be the ones that 99% of people grumble about when it comes to customer service.

Last edited by The Bloke; Nov 20th 2009 at 6:17 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2009, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: Customer Service in Australia ?

The calls I made where handled in Australia, each time the person attending the call would give his own unique answer. If then asked for a supervisor, but no one there?

If you wanted to make a complaint/ suggestion then you had to email or write to your local Telstra. having written the email, you receive an automated reply, but no one contacts you then. This has been my experience.

Anyone else had similar encounters?

Hamish

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.