Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Customer feedback

Customer feedback

Old Apr 5th 2012, 6:56 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Customer feedback

I find that here in Australia customer service is often very poor and there is a "we couldn't care less about the customer, so do your damndest" attitude which I rarely saw in the UK. Maybe it's because people don't complain enough that the cowboys think they can get away with it? Does anyone here use customer review/feedback sites like this one?
Old Apr 5th 2012, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Customer feedback

You is not allowed to complain cos that makes you a whinging pom innit?

Didnt even know that site existed. Will have a lookee at it.
I think the problem is complaining after poor customer service usually doesn't make any positive difference for that person - the damage has been done by that point and it usually just makes it more stressful! (Unless of course you are the kind of person that enjoys that kind of thing!)

I was just saying the other day after being to Maccas that whenever we go there they ALWAYS seem to get the order wrong. But because we use the drive thru, by the time you discover that you are so far away its too much hassle to go back and complain/get it changed.
Same with foods from Woolies and their ilk. Stuff goes off before use by date etc but because of the small monetary value of the goods nobody can be arsed making a fuss. So they get away with it. Probably should make the effort to go back really...
Old Apr 5th 2012, 11:57 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
You is not allowed to complain cos that makes you a whinging pom innit?

Didnt even know that site existed. Will have a lookee at it.
I think the problem is complaining after poor customer service usually doesn't make any positive difference for that person - the damage has been done by that point and it usually just makes it more stressful! (Unless of course you are the kind of person that enjoys that kind of thing!)

I was just saying the other day after being to Maccas that whenever we go there they ALWAYS seem to get the order wrong. But because we use the drive thru, by the time you discover that you are so far away its too much hassle to go back and complain/get it changed.
Same with foods from Woolies and their ilk. Stuff goes off before use by date etc but because of the small monetary value of the goods nobody can be arsed making a fuss. So they get away with it. Probably should make the effort to go back really...
True about the whinging pom accusation but we mustn't allow ourselves to be silenced by it.

The site is pretty good, people can give good or bad reviews. In fact so far I've given more good reviews than bad.

Regarding MacDonalds: Some things never change, I escaped from living near the worst in Britain only to end up living near the worst in Australia. ....Or maybe they're all bad?
Old Apr 6th 2012, 12:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
True about the whinging pom accusation but we mustn't allow ourselves to be silenced by it.

The site is pretty good, people can give good or bad reviews. In fact so far I've given more good reviews than bad.

Regarding MacDonalds: Some things never change, I escaped from living near the worst in Britain only to end up living near the worst in Australia. ....Or maybe they're all bad?
Personal experience only....... Aussies are very laid back, the "she'll be right"attitude, which means they don't generally complain... when we do, we become the whingers.....after a few years you get just get a sore head from
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone here use customer review/feedback sites like this one?
I prefer the Product Review website than the one you mentioned, for reasons I'd rather not mention in an open forum. Covers both products and retailers.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I find that here in Australia customer service is often very poor and there is a "we couldn't care less about the customer, so do your damndest" attitude which I rarely saw in the UK. Maybe it's because people don't complain enough that the cowboys think they can get away with it? Does anyone here use customer review/feedback sites like this one?
I agree that customer service is poor here, and that the retail experience in the UK is better, but their customer service is certainly not. I found it poor when I lived there and have found the same since on visits.

Last edited by Amazulu; Apr 6th 2012 at 3:39 am.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 3:22 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
I prefer the Product Review website than the one you mentioned, for reasons I'd rather not mention in an open forum. Covers both products and retailers.
For local businesses that wouldn't know 'customer focus' from a hole in the head, I tend to suggest finding it on Google Maps, then posting a review there. A few one star reviews and others will notice to avoid them.

Correspondingly, you can find out if others have had bad dealings with them in the past.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 4:16 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Its quite strange when i went to the a year or so ago i was told to expect surly miserable shop assistants but my actual experience was totally different, all but one person were very friendly and helpful. I certainly had no reason to complain about customer service on my visit. I find here it is like America, very insincere.

Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:04 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I agree that customer service is poor here, and that the retail experience in the UK is better, but their customer service is certainly not. I found it poor when I lived there and have found the same since on visits.
Yes definately the retail experience is better. But shite service here can be particularly breathtaking. I received a shocking service from someone yesterday who I discovered this morning is the president of the ACT group in his profession.

Originally Posted by chris955
Its quite strange when i went to the a year or so ago i was told to expect surly miserable shop assistants but my actual experience was totally different, all but one person were very friendly and helpful. I certainly had no reason to complain about customer service on my visit. I find here it is like America, very insincere.
Here I find they blow hot and cold. Some go out of their way to be helpful and provide an excellent service whilst others just don't give a continental....

It's interesting that you say that here is like the US: insincere.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:16 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes. Funnily enough I used it only the other day, while assessing sites to buy a new gaming PC from... and yes, it really did influence my choice.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 6:50 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I have found friendly people both here and the UK. I don't care if it is sincere or not. As long as they are polite. The woman in M&S or Target won't remember me if I go back a week later so as long as they treat me with courtesy during my transaction I don't care if they mean what they are saying or if they are reading from a script.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 8:05 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes absolutely, the contrast is amazing. Of course you get good and bad everywhere but I'm just not keen on the almost scripted welcome, as I say very similar to the US.

Here I find they blow hot and cold. Some go out of their way to be helpful and provide an excellent service whilst others just don't give a continental....

It's interesting that you say that here is like the US: insincere.
Old Apr 6th 2012, 9:15 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
I have found friendly people both here and the UK. I don't care if it is sincere or not. As long as they are polite. The woman in M&S or Target won't remember me if I go back a week later so as long as they treat me with courtesy during my transaction I don't care if they mean what they are saying or if they are reading from a script.
Might sound a bit bizzare to some... but I can't think of a single instance when I haven't been treated with courtesy.

A question for those folks who have found the opposite to be true, what's happening that you find so bad? Are assistants telling to to "**** off, we don't want your money" or something?

Maybe it's just different where I am?