Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Custom Built Motorbikes

Custom Built Motorbikes

Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:42 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of
Question Custom Built Motorbikes

Hello!
Me n' my hubby have just made the decision to up-sticks and go to Oz, prolly Brisbane/Gold Coast. Among the 350,000 other things we need to sort out, we'd like to take our 2 custom built motorbikes. One is over 15 years old so we know we won't have to pay customs duty on it. The other is slightly newer (not quite on the road yet!). Just wandering if anyone can shed any light on registering imported custom built bikes in QLD? How tricky is it? What's the equivalent MOT like? Are they strict on stuff??? Any steer on insurance? u know usual questions?

Any info gratefully received...

Cheers
Sonic x
Old Apr 20th 2005, 12:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Custom Built Motorbikes

As far as I know, they don't have MOT's in OZ.

You'll have to get type approval though I think cos it's a non-std bike that is normally imported and sold there.

The type approval thing involves a road worthiness test similar to an MOT I though I think.

Cadman