Wikiposts

curry or roast?

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough
Default curry or roast?

remember when uk was called currynation,they reckoned more people had curry on sundays than roasts,is it true??

curry i have 3 sundays a month

roast i have 1 sunday a month

how bout u guys
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:31 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Curry - have it probably once every 3 or 4 weeks.

Roast....never really anymore. I guess once every 3 months?

We eats lots of mediterranean food at the moment, lots of pasta and risotto rice. Tastes great and apparently its good for you !

Sun dried tomatoes rule
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:33 pm
dazuk

I live on curry, chillies and pasta. I like a good roast (nut roast as im a vegie) but i love a good bag of chips something u cant get in oz!!

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

rday will become famous soon enough

i fogot to mention the other days of the week,
probly 4 days a week i have curry,rest i have spicy pasta,couldnt stand pasta before,untill i tried cajun(spelling?)pasta,now i cant get enough of it.
my fave(excluding resturant)is tesco big bag microwave chicken masala or beef madras,comes with nan,onion bajhi,and pila rice,mmmm.
i just come back from glasontonbury fest,and every day i had 11am nan stuffed with tikka,6pm beef madras and plain rice to keep me warm at night,
im afraid to me that having roast after having curry ..well.. only one of them is making my mouth water at this moment,
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 2:54 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Used to have curry once or twice a week. Sainsbury's deli CTM or Madras for 2.99 I think. They used to sell the sauce separately if they had some left for just 75p so you could just add your own chicken. And their garlic and coriander naan bread, or M&S chilled lovely. Also surrounded in Brum by excellent takeaways. This is amongst the top things I miss in Oz. We have two local Indian/Pakistan restaurants and neither very good. Also shops only sell jars of curry sauces and the naans are terrible flat dry pitta bread type things. Plus no bhajis to buy either fresh or frozen. Ayone coming over soon I will pay handsomely if you can bring over a good curry for two frozen in liquid nitrogen to last the trip.
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 4:50 pm
The Tooth Fairy

Indian was 1980's tucker in Aus. SE Asian now more popular.

Old Jul 3rd 2003, 6:30 pm
up the boro!

denhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant futuredenhim has a brilliant future

give me a roast dinner with all the trimmings anyday. alltho i do like curry`s (madras) i do prefer the traditional sunday meal. mmmmm
Old Jul 3rd 2003, 8:40 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

we both like curries. kev is a dab hand at making em...but im better.
i used to work at a gp practice where the patients and most of the staff were asian. i had recipes given to me for the authentic stuff....but if ya cant get the ingredients then that'll be a problem. cant make bhaji's or pakora or chicken tikka unfortunately though so we will miss that...also im crap at making chappatis and have never tried to make naan's.....

i was thinking of smuggling one of my asian female mates in to aus... lol ...and starting up a take-away business...whaddya reckon??????