Curry Houses!

Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

warwick road is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Curry Houses!

Right! There I was sat there last night in Rusholme "The Curry Mile" and the ball & chain said to me over a pint of Cobra and a Chicken Jalfrezi, "Where are we gonna get a curry like this in OZ?"

So, people, we need some nominations for some top notch Ruby Murray gaffs!

I spent a year out in OZ a few years back travelling round, and the only one I found that was up to scratch was in Williamstown, Melbourne and it turned out the geezer that owned it had moved over there from Rusholme!!

I know OZ doesnt really have a big Indian/Pakistani population like we do here, but surely some of the Indians over there have got there act together and sorted a decent feed!

So has anyone(especially Perth people) found a little diamond tucked away somewhere that they want to tell us about??
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:38 am
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Curry Houses!

not sure anyone will match Bradford curries, will have to get some shipped over.
I ship Chillies to Mum in Law in Spain but not sure how a korma will survive Bradford to brisbane :-)
Old Nov 20th 2003, 9:56 am
Just Joined

digsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant futuredigsee has a brilliant future

My experience is that there are quite a few good ones taste wise but if you like a bit of a kick then forget it. For instance Jalfrezis are often as hot as a Korma...
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by warwick road
Right! There I was sat there last night in Rusholme "The Curry Mile" and the ball & chain said to me over a pint of Cobra and a Chicken Jalfrezi, "Where are we gonna get a curry like this in OZ?"

So, people, we need some nominations for some top notch Ruby Murray gaffs!

I spent a year out in OZ a few years back travelling round, and the only one I found that was up to scratch was in Williamstown, Melbourne and it turned out the geezer that owned it had moved over there from Rusholme!!

I know OZ doesnt really have a big Indian/Pakistani population like we do here, but surely some of the Indians over there have got there act together and sorted a decent feed!

So has anyone(especially Perth people) found a little diamond tucked away somewhere that they want to tell us about??
Hey there warwick road
do u live in warwick road in manchester??
I live near rusholme in manchester and i would miss the kebabs...i am indian ( not pakistani) myself and find the the curries in rusholme are all the same and not as tasty as authentic indian food ( like they serve in Punjab Tandoori - also in rusholme) anyway back to the point, in perth there should be some good 'indian' restaurants ( will let u know once i have been in Jan) I do know there is a big indian popultaion and there wont be any shortage of indian food!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

No mate, live in Sale.

I dont know what im gonna do without my regular Sunday afternoon Chicken & 2 sheek mix on nan from the Saajan in rusholme!!

Ive perfected the art of sheeks for the barby though, just need to brush up the old chicken tikka skills and ill be makin me own!!

Are you emigrating in Jan???

Ileave here Dec 1st, fanny about in Melbourne for a cpl of weeks with the wifes family then we go to Perth 12 December

I'll let you know if I find any good ones.....
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

No mate, live in Sale.

I dont know what im gonna do without my regular Sunday afternoon Chicken & 2 sheek mix on nan from the Saajan in rusholme!!

Ive perfected the art of sheeks for the barby though, just need to brush up the old chicken tikka skills and ill be makin me own!!

Are you emigrating in Jan???

Ileave here Dec 1st, fanny about in Melbourne for a cpl of weeks with the wifes family then we go to Perth 12 December

I'll let you know if I find any good ones.....

SAAJAN the best place ever!!!!!!!!!! u have def got it right there! i am validating in dec 25 - 17 jan 2004 then back to manchester for a year !
i will def miss the kebabs ( the mix u have is great !) my Fav is ( and u MUST try it ) is Lal Qila Kebab joint ( at the back of Lal Qila Restaurant in the middle of Rusholme) ask for a Chicken Donner Kebab!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

ive been trekking down the saajan regular for a good 6 or 7 years now mate - quality!!!!

the first thing i will be hunting down over there is a top kebab shop!

i'll give the lal quila a go we were next door to that last night at the shezan - very nice!

how come ure goin Perth? have u got family over there?
Old Nov 20th 2003, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

ive been trekking down the saajan regular for a good 6 or 7 years now mate - quality!!!!

the first thing i will be hunting down over there is a top kebab shop!

i'll give the lal quila a go we were next door to that last night at the shezan - very nice!

how come ure goin Perth? have u got family over there?
no family ..originally from kenya so want a nice easy beach life away from rainchester and coldford!! no family just friends and a lot of people i know from kenya! ( or will get to know)
cant be doin with the rain - wots it like today!!!! easy life !
how about u ?? why u moving from sunny sale??
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

the ball & chain is from melbourne pal, we wanted to go over but i didnt fancy melbourne as it is way overpriced and the climate is bobbins

also have a lot of family in perth - all me dads side were "10 pound poms" 30 odd years ago

it will make a nice change from the house we have just sold - in wythenshawe!!!! god i'm gonna miss all the scallies and smackhead neighbours!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

come on someone out there must have the odd chicken madras!!!

what do you all eat when your drunk???
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

stuartr is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are ever near the harbour in Sydney then head to the north side of the bridge to Kiribilli - there are two good curry houses there, and although the standard dishes are pretty mild, once you have a word with the owners they will cook your food as hot as you like it....made us feel right at home!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

the ball & chain is from melbourne pal, we wanted to go over but i didnt fancy melbourne as it is way overpriced and the climate is bobbins

also have a lot of family in perth - all me dads side were "10 pound poms" 30 odd years ago

it will make a nice change from the house we have just sold - in wythenshawe!!!! god i'm gonna miss all the scallies and smackhead neighbours!

wythenshawe has a spot in my heart as me hubby works there! Scalyville! Perth will be heaven compared to that!
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya guys

We discussed this very same topic not too long ago...unfortunately the consensus of opinion was that there are very little in the way of "decent" curry houses (ie, what us Brits are used to). There are plenty of curry houses to sample though and I'm sure there must be one out there somewhere that is halfway decent!!

Anon E Mouse goes to a place in Freo (Tandoori or Taj mahal, sorry can't remember) and reckons it's pretty good.

Also have it on good authority that Chutney Mary's in Subi is a good curry house (from Aussie yoga mates though who are mostly vegetarian) but can't speak from experience about it.

My husband got an ace book sent to him by one of his mates back in the UK called the Curry secret by Kris Dhillon and he nows makes a mean curry!!

love sophia xx
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

sorry im new to the board, ill have a search back 4 the thread.....

cheers, danny
Old Nov 20th 2003, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Andy Pandy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi WR,
There are about 10 Curry Houses around Perth and 6 Takeways.
Not sure what there like but you could always educate them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.