Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Curry on the Coast?

Curry on the Coast?

Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:39 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Curry on the Coast?

Originally Posted by Jim2004
Hi Claire, you know I was going to PM you but thought you'd see the post anyway

I'd guess you have been ?! any good, or the same story as in ok, but nothing special?

Ta, do love a Ruby me
hi jim jonah's daddy here ...there is a curry house next to the versace hotel near seaworld it's upstairs in the shopping centre ...not too bad in there as we went for a ruby when we were out there ........they did seem to have a bit of a problem serving the food warm though lol
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:40 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tinaj
there are so many other yummy restaurants around too.

Again, starting to learn this

I feel my belly rumblin already!
Old Mar 27th 2005, 8:44 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
hi jim jonah's daddy here ...there is a curry house next to the versace hotel near seaworld it's upstairs in the shopping centre ...not too bad in there as we went for a ruby when we were out there ........they did seem to have a bit of a problem serving the food warm though lol
Hi Jonah's Dad, nice to meet you

Ok ta for that, I'm tryin to make a mental note that we like our curries temp quite hot
Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point

So easy,cook your own

http://www.curryhouse.co.uk/rsc/sauce.htm
Old Mar 28th 2005, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Alan&Sonia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Sadly, I have never had a curry like you get in the UK in OZ. Then again I've never had decent sausages or black pudding here either

Can only wish you luck in your quest and be prepared to learn how to make your own good curries
We have never found a good curry in Sydney, gee, we took all those great curries in the UK for granted!! But not to worry, there are so many fantastic restaurants we haven't really missed Indian curries. We love the Thai curries and the best place ever, even better than in Thailand is at the Manly Wharf! It's a little take away place but the food is beauddddiful and only $10 for curry and rice. Try it, if you live in Sydney. Mmmm making me hungry now ....

Sonia
Old Mar 28th 2005, 1:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chew

Thanks for that Chew, I'll give that a go I think, but maybe throw a few tablespoons of chilli powder in too

Altho seriously, how do you spice it up, am I right with Chilli powder?

I like a Vindaloo normally ........ yum yum.

thank gawd I had one last night or I'D be after one with all this talk of em ...lol, altho might have some left overs somewhere ?!?
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:32 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of

Thanks for that Chew, I'll give that a go I think, but maybe throw a few tablespoons of chilli powder in too

Altho seriously, how do you spice it up, am I right with Chilli powder?

I like a Vindaloo normally ........ yum yum.

thank gawd I had one last night or I'D be after one with all this talk of em ...lol, altho might have some left overs somewhere ?!?
hi jim jonah's dad here again ,,, try http://www.ukfood.co.uk plenty of good ideas for curry on there jim
steve
Old Mar 28th 2005, 10:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
hi jim jonah's dad here again ,,, try http://www.ukfood.co.uk plenty of good ideas for curry on there jim
steve
Hi Steve. Ok I'll have a look, thanks

You never know I might even be cooking one soon! :scared:
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

chew is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim2004,yes chilli powder will heat it up for you,but you might have a look at his recipes page

http://www.curryhouse.co.uk/rsc/maindish.htm
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chew
Jim2004,yes chilli powder will heat it up for you,but you might have a look at his recipes page

http://www.curryhouse.co.uk/rsc/maindish.htm
All bookmarked, thanks ppl

I'll have a good look at them tomorrow. I've been getting a grilling on the Immigration side today and the head is pretty well zonked now, off to bed soon if I can sleep ...lol

cheers
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:42 pm
ABCDiamond

Here in the Brisbane Bayside we have a Indian place that is UK style, the owners actually run one in Birmingham aswell

In fact it is advertised as:
The first Balti Restaurant in QLD, Indian Food UK style.
All food cooked and served as in our UK branch

The Spice Avenue Balti Restaurant
Aquatic Paradise Shopping Centre
190 Birkdale Road, Birkdale QLD

07 3822 9822
There is a marked difference between UK Indian food, and the way it is done by the Indians here.

When we first ate with some Indian friends that we have, it was an eye opener, but as with most things, you become accustomed to the new/different things

Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:53 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Here in the Brisbane Bayside we have a Indian place that is UK style, the owners actually run one in Birmingham aswell

There is a marked difference between UK Indian food, and the way it is done by the Indians here.

When we first ate with some Indian friends that we have, it was an eye opener, but as with most things, you become accustomed to the new/different things
And India is a huge place with a variety of cooking styles that is rarely reflected in the UK or Oz. I am hungry now.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

Thanks ABC, and Brisbane is what, 40 min - 1hr away from the Gold Coast ?!

I can live with that once in a while for a DECENT curry

Cheers, all is looking good on the curry front just need to get out to Oz now! ......... the easy bit!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 11:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bondipom
And India is a huge place with a variety of cooking styles that is rarely reflected in the UK or Oz. I am hungry now.
that's the 2nd person to say they was hungry after reading this post I think, sorry

I know posts about food can and prob will have this effect, but just had to know!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:14 am
ABCDiamond

that's the 2nd person to say they was hungry after reading this post I think, sorry

I know posts about food can and prob will have this effect, but just had to know!
Not sure if it's this thread or not, but i'm off to make myself a sandwich

If you do head for the Birkdale Indian, you should check out the Bayside Brits site, and ask if anyone local is going there, you may even get recommendations on what's on the menu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.