Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Currumbin meet end of november

Currumbin meet end of november

Old Nov 16th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default Re: Currumbin meet end of november

Originally Posted by shiels
Come on Mooncat, surely they are gonna let you have some time off betweeen now and Christmas !!!! X
God, sorry I'm bloody useless aren't I?
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:32 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mooncat
God, sorry I'm bloody useless aren't I?
Dont be daft, Im just too organised for my own good thats all!!!

30th suits us, whereabouts in Currumbin are we meeting? X
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

If you head south on the highway and go through Palm Beach and head to currumbin beach as sign posted, go down Duringan St which leads onto pacific parade and at the curve in the road there is a car park.

On the opposite side of the road there are toilets, a barbie area and 2 bench tables. We can meet here and stay here if people want or for something a bit different...If you stand in the far left part of the car park and face the sand we are aiming to go down the steps onto the sand and a hard left into a nice secluded spot with a bit of calm water, lots of sand for kids to play on, good spot to fish or stroll onto the main beach.

It sounds complicated but it's really not and it's very beautiful, especially as the sun goes down.

And I managed to give everyone more than a weeks notice!!!!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 10:16 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

If you head south on the highway and go through Palm Beach and head to currumbin beach as sign posted, go down Duringan St which leads onto pacific parade and at the curve in the road there is a car park.

On the opposite side of the road there are toilets, a barbie area and 2 bench tables. We can meet here and stay here if people want or for something a bit different...If you stand in the far left part of the car park and face the sand we are aiming to go down the steps onto the sand and a hard left into a nice secluded spot with a bit of calm water, lots of sand for kids to play on, good spot to fish or stroll onto the main beach.

It sounds complicated but it's really not and it's very beautiful, especially as the sun goes down.

Thats the car park opposite the VMR place then isnt it? X
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Currumbin Alley to be specific.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

chilli33 is an unknown quantity at this point

We'd love to come but we're not sure we have the right kit....you know...sou' wester, wellingtons, umbrellas etc we left them all in the UK....i definitely think the gazebo thingy is the way to go...especially with sides in it...to keep the rain off...

We should all start collecting wood over the next few days when it all dries out! so we can make a fire... to keep warm??

Old Nov 20th 2008, 11:55 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chilli33
We should all start collecting wood over the next few days when it all dries out! so we can make a fire... to keep warm??

You'd be in seriously deep shit if you did Joking apart, it's quite a sheltered part if you're on the grass by the bbqs.
Old Nov 21st 2008, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Jamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant futureJamesfam has a brilliant future

We'll be there on the 30th. Keep fingers crossed for some good weather this time!

Clare
Old Nov 21st 2008, 8:45 am
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice

Hi All,

We will also be coming along with our 4 & 2 year olds, looking forward to meeting up again.

Mooncat did you remember to book the sunshine this time, as the rain washed a few folks away last time, whatever happened to keeping the stiff upper lip old boy, we're British don't you know!!!

Looking forward to some fishing!! should be a hoot as I never caught anything when I was a boy, despite all my best efforts, at least I know the company wont be bitting

Paul, Jenny, Matthew & Alice
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:54 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by PJMA
Hi All,

We will also be coming along with our 4 & 2 year olds, looking forward to meeting up again.

Mooncat did you remember to book the sunshine this time, as the rain washed a few folks away last time, whatever happened to keeping the stiff upper lip old boy, we're British don't you know!!!

Looking forward to some fishing!! should be a hoot as I never caught anything when I was a boy, despite all my best efforts, at least I know the company wont be bitting

Paul, Jenny, Matthew & Alice
Yeah we may be British but standing around getting soaked through aint our idea of fun!!!! If it's yours then fill your boots!!! X
Old Nov 25th 2008, 12:46 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Looks good for us Sunday - me & her, boy 13 girl 17. Plus another Pommie family who we know.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Carbery
Looks good for us Sunday - me & her, boy 13 girl 17. Plus another Pommie family who we know.

Hey, will be good to see you all again!!
Old Nov 25th 2008, 11:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Yeah we may be British but standing around getting soaked through aint our idea of fun!!!! If it's yours then fill your boots!!! X
Judging by the weather now, their boots will be overflowing, not just filled Bugger, just remembered your text, sorry.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:10 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Judging by the weather now, their boots will be overflowing, not just filled Bugger, just remembered your text, sorry.

So you going to brave it then????!!!! X
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

So you going to brave it then????!!!! X
Who? Me? Blimey, wouldn't have thought so. Seems highly unlikely

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.