Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

curries in bayside

curries in bayside

Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:20 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: curries in bayside

Originally Posted by madsad
If you ask the Birkdale owners to make you pakora & spiced onions they will Just ask put your best smiley face on

Donna.
Nahhhhhh would rather make my own thanks Its not like the rest of the meal is good enough to justify the journey IMO - one man or womans curry heaven is not necessarily mine
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Lynn, we used to eat at Little Indain Palace quite often (when we lived closer) & always enjoyed it, but then we like "indian" indian food (as opposed to UK indian).

FWIW, we ate once at Bengal Curry House & thought it was horrible & chose Little Indian Palace in preference after that (even though it was 10 mins further away).
Will try that ones - thanks for the suggestions Mrs Dagboy! Like you I also prefer an 'Indian' style meal - the last fantastic authentic Indian meal we had was actually in Singapore - you knew it was the real deal when the restaurant had mainly Indians dining in it. I have an excellent Indian cookbook myself and the meals turn out fab but its just the preparation and cooking time involved - so much time go's into Indian dishes.

Lynn
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:26 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Know my limitations, have no intention of trying to cook any nice meal...I want the little Indian, Chinese, Italian, French or Birmingham man to do mine and put it in front of me... .

Thought it was supposed to be the English Expats Xmas Night thats why they had the shirts on... Ha! how do you know they had the shirts on, where you there under cover... the big hairy singer in a kilt!!!!... that was you wasn't it !!!! ..... .
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:48 pm
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
... or fish and chips like at 'home' and expect the Sun newspaper - after all, we moved to get away from the UK - not to bring it all over here with us! ...
You might have moved here to get "away" from the UK, I moved here to be with MrsDagBoy, so would have gone wherever in the world was necessary - with the obvious exception of Wales or Germany

Having a number of decent curry houses is just a bonus.

My 2c worth on the curries - the Spice Avenue in Birkdale and the Curry Bandit in Waterford (if it is still there) are the nearest I have found to "English" style curry. I also like the Little India palace in Cleveland (recommended to me by an Indian guy I know) and the Grand Taj on Creek Road in Carindale (or close to).

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by annqldau
Know my limitations, have no intention of trying to cook any nice meal...I want the little Indian, Chinese, Italian, French or Birmingham man to do mine and put it in front of me... .

Thought it was supposed to be the English Expats Xmas Night thats why they had the shirts on... Ha! how do you know they had the shirts on, where you there under cover... the big hairy singer in a kilt!!!!... that was you wasn't it !!!! ..... .
They had the St George England football strips on the day I went there weeks ago - you wouldn't catch me at an English meet if you paid me!

As of today my posting is over on this forum as i'm sick of England v Scotland jibes - not on this thread but on others - I came to oz to intergrate not whinge on about how sh*t everything is unless its English, Scottish, Irish or Welsh.

Lynn
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:27 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

On Saturday night they had England strips on and Scottish singer so sure that is multi-cultural which shows the guy has good business sense as place was packed and singer was very good. Anyway, haven't tried the the Grand Taj on Creek Road in Carindale will have to give it a try sometime.

Good Luck Lynn whatever you decide, hope life goes well... .