Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

curries in bayside

curries in bayside

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:58 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: curries in bayside

Originally Posted by spalen
its not that bad when you see the full picture (is off the news)

God those scottish curries are dry as hell
First time ave heard them called dry in one end,out the other diluted (sorry folks )

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:00 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by madsad
First time ave heard them called dry in one end,out the other diluted (sorry folks )

Donna.

ewwweeee
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by spalen
its not that bad when you see the full picture (is off the news)

God those scottish curries are dry as hell

dry.......dry my arse....thats what u call a thick sauce.......no like the sloppy skittery sauce u get doon south lol
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:04 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
dry.......dry my arse....thats what u call a thick sauce.......no like the sloppy skittery sauce u get doon south lol
A bity too much for the English palate

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:07 pm

A bity too much for the English palate

Donna.
aye too rite mate
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:09 pm

i need tae go to ma bed now am starvin could murder a chicken jelfrazi madras mmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
i need tae go to ma bed now am starvin could murder a chicken jelfrazi madras mmmmmmmmmmmm
Am the same,cany beat that taste,burnin the mouth of ya,best hangover cure,am always starvin when i have a hangover & love freezin cold madras sauce & rice your a bitch a wisnae home sick till you started this

Lol!!!

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 1:20 pm

Am the same,cany beat that taste,burnin the mouth of ya,best hangover cure,am always starvin when i have a hangover & love freezin cold madras sauce & rice your a bitch a wisnae home sick till you started this

Lol!!!

Donna.
lol ohh aye cold curry uve left sittin in the kitchen fae the night b4................yuuuummmmmyyyy

nite nite

xxx
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:10 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

it's all in what you are used to i guess. i still think spice avenue kicks every other curry house in the whole of australia into touch, but then i'm used to english curries (rusholm in manchester, birmingham/wolverhampton).

for heavens sake, some people like xxxx!!! if that isn't a case of what you are used to, i don't know what is, because that stuff tastes like cat p!ss.

spice avenue are definately the best 'english' style indian curry i've come across over here - and me and my mates tried over 30 curry houses in brisbane!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 7:11 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisnick
it's all in what you are used to i guess. i still think spice avenue kicks every other curry house in the whole of australia into touch, but then i'm used to english curries (rusholm in manchester, birmingham/wolverhampton).

for heavens sake, some people like xxxx!!! if that isn't a case of what you are used to, i don't know what is, because that stuff tastes like cat p!ss.

spice avenue are definately the best 'english' style indian curry i've come across over here - and me and my mates tried over 30 curry houses in brisbane!
I would agree with you there. Spice Avenue is the best Indian restaurant I have tried around the area and I've tried a few. Obviously its not going to be everyones cup of tea but to my English palette its much better than a lot of others.

There are definately regional differences in taste of Indian food in the UK and I reckon that Spice Avenue is amongst the best for a Midlands styled balti.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 8:46 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Well,im waitin for a few more replys to this thread before we go & try it.
The Balti house in Birkdale was fab & hard to beat in my opinion! Im now craving to go back & this time we'll be takin a few curry sauces back home with us(to Strathpine that is!!)
Im not English,SCOTTISH & from Glasgow & the Birkdale Indian is the closest we've tasted to what we're used to from back home

Donna.
Not tried many Indian restaurants yet donna so you may well be right but I don't think its a patch on the Indian cottage in Kirkintilloch or my fav Indian restaurant - Zeera in Bishopbriggs or Kama Sutra in Sauchihall Street. I also had an Ashoka just before we left and it was fantastic too. There was no pakora in Birkdale and no spiced onions with the poppadums - just dip sauces - whats that all about!!!!????? lol Just as well I can make brilliant home made pakora and spiced onions! The balti ckn korma was nice though and i'm sure we will be back as it go's some of the way to help the cravings - but it just wasn't the same IMO.

Lynn
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Tried the balti in Birkdale, and although it was ok, I've had better. Had a takeaway from an Indian in Cleveland, next door to Centrelink office and it was crap. Dont know about the other 1 near the Italian (Elios) which is excellent by the way.

Lynn, the Thai takeaway in Redland Bay is ok, but the Thai Tamarind at Vicky Point is excellent. Get the buffet for 2, $26 each......beautiful.....if you like that sort of thing.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by paulb
Tried the balti in Birkdale, and although it was ok, I've had better. Had a takeaway from an Indian in Cleveland, next door to Centrelink office and it was crap. Dont know about the other 1 near the Italian (Elios) which is excellent by the way.

Lynn, the Thai takeaway in Redland Bay is ok, but the Thai Tamarind at Vicky Point is excellent. Get the buffet for 2, $26 each......beautiful.....if you like that sort of thing.
Cheers for that Paul - sounds like the Cleveland Indian is best avoided then!!! lol

Will try the Thai Tamarind in Viccy point the next time - we found the redland bay takeaway pretty expensive - for 2 meals and small rices and 1 ckn satay starter we worked out it cost 17 pounds ($42) - pretty expensive for takeaway to me - we would normally pay only about 12 pound max for takeaway in Glasgow - don't mind if its good though.

Lynn
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 11:53 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
we found the redland bay takeaway pretty expensive - for 2 meals and small rices and 1 ckn satay starter we worked out it cost 17 pounds ($42) - pretty expensive for takeaway to me - we would normally pay only about 12 pound max for takeaway in Glasgow - don't mind if its good though.

Lynn
Yikes. I've dined in at the Courthouse Restaurant for not much more than that price for two !! Not a curry of course

Old Dec 8th 2005, 9:25 am

Anyone been to the 'little indian palace' in Wellington point (Middle street)? Not sure if this is the same one as the dodgy one you are referring to in Cleveland - I think this was the one that was recommended to me recently - so maybe wasn't the Cleveland one!

Lynn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.