Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Current processing times

Current processing times

Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy Current processing times

Just noticed this on someone's autosig:

Visa subclass 139
VETASSESS sent 8/8/04
Positive VETASSESS assessment 30/9/04
PCCs received 11/11/04
Application lodged 22/11/04. The wait begins.......
Looking to do meds in Feb 05

How come our Vetassesment took 4 bleedin' months then?

Anyone know what the current DIMIA backlog is?
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Current processing times

Originally Posted by Jensen Healey

Visa subclass 139
VETASSESS sent 8/8/04
PCCs received 11/11/04

Jensen

Er...that'll be mine then!! Perhaps yours was not so straightforward as ours and needed a little bit more checking

As for the backlog - don't know. Guess it boils down to which visa and if you're pre or post July.

Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to beholdJensen Healey is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Craig Brooke
Jensen

Er...that'll be mine then!! Perhaps yours was not so straightforward as ours and needed a little bit more checking

As for the backlog - don't know. Guess it boils down to which visa and if you're pre or post July.

Hi Criag

We're on Designated Area Skilled sponsored, which I've heard are sometimes processed more quickly than some others. Not sure what the pre/post July thing refers to???
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:40 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Visa subclass 139
VETASSESS sent 8/8/04
PCCs received 11/11/04

Think yourself lucky, our TRA assessment took nearly 10 months! We failed 1st time!

We lodged our application 24th Aug
Sent PCC's to agent 10th Sept
CC Charged 17th Sept
Medicals done unrequested 19th Oct
Acknowlegement received 26th Oct
AOS stuff requested 5th Nov
Centrelink Interview 12th Nov
Bond lodged around 15th Nov

Now waiting...

I think that Centrelink have started to get into the new process since July and are processing Bonds and stuff a lot faster.

If you look on timeline there are about half adozen at the same stage as us, just waiting for the first post July "Got IT", place your bets please!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:44 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lucyemma5
Think yourself lucky, our TRA assessment took nearly 10 months! We failed 1st time!

CC Charged 17th Sept

Now waiting...

I think that Centrelink have started to get into the new process since July and are processing Bonds and stuff a lot faster.

If you look on timeline there are about half adozen at the same stage as us, just waiting for the first post July "Got IT", place your bets please!
Hi Lucyemma

Am I right in remembering that your hubbie is in the Navy based at Yeovilton? Have you had a request for his discharge papers yet? Still trying to work out whether this will be a problem for us.....

Cheers
Nicola
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:51 pm
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Hi Lucyemma

Am I right in remembering that your hubbie is in the Navy based at Yeovilton? Have you had a request for his discharge papers yet? Still trying to work out whether this will be a problem for us.....

Cheers
Nicola
Hi Nicola

Yep you are right he is at Yeovilton, well remembered!.

Basically what we did was send a letter from his CO stating that huuby submitted his discharge request on 23rd August this year, that may be enough, I may be getting our hopes up because it has got to the bond stage without them asking for it, the letter may be enough???
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:00 pm
Go Power!!!!!

Multicoloured Crocodile is on a distinguished road

Visa subclass 139
VETASSESS sent 8/8/04
PCCs received 11/11/04

I can fully understand your frustration but be careful not to wish your life away. Oz is great but so is the Uk - relax and enjoy every day - Oz will be there next week/month/year/decade etc...

Life's too short to be wished away - and you can quote me on that.

Good luck with your application - You'll find what you're looking for.
Simon
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:32 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

CC Charged 17th Sept

Now waiting...

We failed first time too having waited 16 loooooong weeks for the results!

Hopefully putting new application in shortly
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:47 pm
Dancing Queen

Originally Posted by bridiej
We failed first time too having waited 16 loooooong weeks for the results!

Hopefully putting new application in shortly
I know what that feels like! Have you been told what you failed on, is it lack of information? (that's what we failed on, I think we were too complacent that we would pass no trouble, that is what we were led to believe by agent, they paid our appeal fee, and we passed no problems after lodging a Statutory Declaration).

If you need a hand, giz a shout.

Lucy
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Nicola

Yep you are right he is at Yeovilton, well remembered!.

Basically what we did was send a letter from his CO stating that huuby submitted his discharge request on 23rd August this year, that may be enough, I may be getting our hopes up because it has got to the bond stage without them asking for it, the letter may be enough???
That sounds encouraging. As you say, they surely wouldn't have asked for the bond if they weren't happy with that....My hubby's coming out after his 22 in Nov 2005 and that's written all over his service docs which they've got a copy of. Perhaps if we get an extra letter from his CO as well to be completely safe.

Thanks for that.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 2:10 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

I know what that feels like! Have you been told what you failed on, is it lack of information? (that's what we failed on, I think we were too complacent that we would pass no trouble, that is what we were led to believe by agent, they paid our appeal fee, and we passed no problems after lodging a Statutory Declaration).

If you need a hand, giz a shout.

Lucy
hi Lucy

They said the employres reference did not show 6 years, which according to the agent we used is rubbish. Bit annoying as they could have just either phoned the employer or asked for another ref.

Anyway, got another agent on board so hope to resubmit soon, just annoying and another hold up!!!!

Good to see someone else that failed but is now moving on in the process!
Old Nov 25th 2004, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Multicoloured Crocodile
Life's too short to be wished away - and you can quote me on that.

I just have.

dave

ps. you,re quite right.