Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Currency at Singapore airport ?

Currency at Singapore airport ?

Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:01 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Currency at Singapore airport ?

We are flying to OZ in two weeks time and the flight stops for 1.30hr at Singapore airport for refueling, during this time I assume we will have to get off and wait in the terminal ? While we are waiting does anyone know if we can buy something to drink / eat and what type of currency they accept ? .

Thanks Neil.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:04 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency at Singapore airport ?

Originally Posted by NeilCk
We are flying to OZ in two weeks time and the flight stops for 1.30hr at Singapore airport for refueling, during this time I assume we will have to get off and wait in the terminal ? While we are waiting does anyone know if we can buy something to drink / eat and what type of currency they accept ? .

Thanks Neil.
Plastic is the easiest

They will take most currencies in notes, so you can use £ or AU$, but the change will be in Singapore $. I just use the visa card, saves having a pocket full of odd shrapnel.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:14 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Plastic is the easiest

They will take most currencies in notes, so you can use £ or AU$, but the change will be in Singapore $. I just use the visa card, saves having a pocket full of odd shrapnel.
Thanks Pollyana,
I have been advised not to use plastic there due to cards cloned so will use cash and spend the change on the way back
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:42 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NeilCk
Thanks Pollyana,
I have been advised not to use plastic there due to cards cloned so will use cash and spend the change on the way back
thats what we did...still got some so give it to rellies when they go back lol
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant futurechrisandvee has a brilliant future

You could always exchange a few quid its about $3 singapore to the £ and get yourself some cheap liquer to take to oz with you! Dont forget your swimming trunks there is a swimming pool in the terminal where you can go and chill for a bit. And as a smoker i found the smoking room rather quaint go and look even if you dont smoke its cool!
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

I used my card - got a few sing dollars from atm machine and paid for our coffee and cake that way. No idea what the excahnge rate is but to be honest I don't care.