Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Currency at Hong Kong Airport

Currency at Hong Kong Airport

Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Idlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really niceIdlewood is just really nice
Default Currency at Hong Kong Airport

Hi All,

We're flying out in 5 weeks to Perth and have a 6 hour stopover at Hong Kong airport between flights. What currency do they accept? Will they take sterling or do I need to change it to HK$? We're planning on treating the kids (and ourselves) for all the hard saving we have done these last few months and to make the stopover more of a treat for the kids, just not sure how much currency I need to take in what denomination.

Cheers,

Idlewood
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Currency at Hong Kong Airport

food etc. was priced in hong kong dollars, we just changed some cash when we arrived at the airport
Old Jul 13th 2009, 11:15 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency at Hong Kong Airport

Take a credit or debit card with you and pay for things on that. Last week we paid for a small packet of hairbands and a pack of M&M's on card.

Alternatively, travelex that will take sterling and sell you HK$.

I really wouldn't bother exchanging money before you arrive and just do it as you go along.