Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Currency Exchange - I'm rubbish at haggling

Currency Exchange - I'm rubbish at haggling

Old May 23rd 2007, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default Currency Exchange - I'm rubbish at haggling

Bloody hell!

I've just transfered my GBP to AUD for my capital investment ($100,000), had 2 accounts so I could get the best of the two.

Rang the first and said "give me your best price, because I will be getting another quote from another company" ok he said, and quoted me 2.395. So I called the other company and told them the same, they come back with the same rate but didn't charge any fees, where the other company charged £15. So the second company was better buy £15, not a lot I know but its better in my pocket than theirs.

So did the deal with the second company, job done! then 5 minutes later the first company rang back

"hello sir, did you get any other quotes?"
"yes, I did! £15 better than yours."
"oh, well ok, you account will be left open, blah, blah, blah"

This really bugged me, I asked him for his best price, so why was he calling back if it wasn't to improve on his offer! These people obviously expect you to keep going backwards and forwards trying to save a few extra quid and now I don't know what his best price would have been.

Anyway sorry for the rant, but had to let off some steam, its not every day you commit your self to the best part of £42K.

P.S. no-one is aloud to reply to this thread stating what rate of exchange they got unless it was worse than mine. I realy don't think my computer would servive the beating it would recieve.
Old May 23rd 2007, 9:24 pm
What am I doing??!!

naifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nicenaifyboy is just really nice
Default Re: Currency Exchange - I'm rubbish at haggling

Originally Posted by showdan
Bloody hell!
............P.S. no-one is aloud to reply to this thread stating what rate of exchange they got unless it was worse than mine. I realy don't think my computer would servive the beating it would recieve.