Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Currency exchange - any ideas??

Currency exchange - any ideas??

Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute
Default Currency exchange - any ideas??

HI

I missed out on the 2.5 spell a while back and I have been waiting patiently wondering when to exchange (we are not moving for another 4 weeks).

With the rise today to almost 2.48 I am unsure whether to bite the bullet now!

Any thoughts??

Nikki
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Currency exchange - any ideas??

Originally Posted by Nikki
HI

I missed out on the 2.5 spell a while back and I have been waiting patiently wondering when to exchange (we are not moving for another 4 weeks).

Any thoughts??

Nikki

its just did!!!!!!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
its just did!!!!!!

bite that bullet and don't ever check the fx rate again
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
bite that bullet and don't ever check the fx rate again

Yep, brilliant advice
I waited and it went down by the time I needed the money here, then guess what..........

It went up again the day after

But I don't care, honest
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:40 pm
Finally living the dream!

AlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the roughAlCo is a jewel in the rough

You could always get a forward rate on half of it and chance the rest later on. The update emails from the money exchangers recommended waiting if you can....but you never know what is going to happen!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:55 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Any thoughts??

Nikki
Who's doing 2.48?

Ozforex is only 2.46
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 8:58 pm
Not long now..

robs12 is an unknown quantity at this point

UK interest rate increase today - give it a couple of days (or even one..) & I reckon we'll be back at 2.5.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by robs12
UK interest rate increase today - give it a couple of days (or even one..) & I reckon we'll be back at 2.5.

oxforex - now 2.49! Going in the right direction!!!
Old Aug 4th 2006, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JosieJ
oxforex - now 2.49! Going in the right direction!!!
Glad to see someone else is doing the same as me!!

Thanks guys for replies, did not exchange yesterday as I was quoted 2.46, didn't realise actual rate given is lower than shown on the chart onscreen. The guy at Ozforex told me the webpage to go on to get live prices.

Since then I have been watching and reckon I should go for it, cannot possibly spend any longer sitting looking at the screen!!

Nikki
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

Did the motherload yesterday at near 2.48. Currently at 2.845 with OzForex, get in there now seems to be the general advice.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

TheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud ofTheAshleys has much to be proud of

Before you all reach for the phone, my keyboard meant to type 2.4845.

D'oh
Old Aug 4th 2006, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheAshleys
Did the motherload yesterday at near 2.48. Currently at 2.845 with OzForex, get in there now seems to be the general advice.
Have just exchanged now at 2.483, have a headache from obsessing at the screen for the past few days!!!!

Husband wanted to exchange a few weeks back when rate was high, I said lets wait and it fell..............I am just thankful we secured near enough the same rate.

I could not have lived with 'I told you so'!!!

Thanks guys

Nikki
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to see someone else is doing the same as me!!

Thanks guys for replies, did not exchange yesterday as I was quoted 2.46, didn't realise actual rate given is lower than shown on the chart onscreen. The guy at Ozforex told me the webpage to go on to get live prices.

Since then I have been watching and reckon I should go for it, cannot possibly spend any longer sitting looking at the screen!!

Nikki
Nikki - could you give me the link for the actuatl rate ? I've exchanged a couple of times with them and it's always been lower so have never been able to work it out.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

Best thing to do is go to Ozforex, and register. Then login, and try to do a deal. You will get the rate there and then, and you have to click next to actaully do the deal (If you have only just registered you cant even do this, so you are safe), and you can just keep refreshing the page to get the rate. From there, there is also a chart currency pair link so you can graph it, but it's a little behind the live prices.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAshleys
Best thing to do is go to Ozforex, and register. Then login, and try to do a deal. You will get the rate there and then, and you have to click next to actaully do the deal (If you have only just registered you cant even do this, so you are safe), and you can just keep refreshing the page to get the rate. From there, there is also a chart currency pair link so you can graph it, but it's a little behind the live prices.

I have done a couple of deals with Ozforex but they never quoted a rate. I only found out the rate used after. They don't give me a rate until my money has cleared into their bank account which takes days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.