Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Currency Exchange

Currency Exchange

Old Oct 30th 2002, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

rich.arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Currency Exchange

Well, we've got the okay from NZ House for a work Deferral Visa and we are a bit "oh, god/Woo Hoo" at the moment.

Now that the reality is sinking in the details need to be considered. I've been watching the currency situation with (depressing) interest recently. The exchange rate with the pound has fallen from 3.4 (ish) to 3.2 in the last few months. The ammount of money that has potentially disappeared doesn't bear thinking about.

Does anyone know of a good online resource for currency matters, not exchange rates but prospects, news etc.

Any advice on the best ways and whyfore's of exchanging large amounts of pounds to dollars would be appreciated.
Old Oct 31st 2002, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Currency Exchange

CONGRATULATIONS! Must be a great feeling - now you just have to look for a job, right?! (That seems to be the hardest part, unless you qualified for a 'non-relevant job'? )

I was going to post a similar message to yours myself, though for us its US$ not pounds - just since we started the PR application process a few months ago, the NZ$ seems to have gained against US$ significantly enough to have 'lost' us a few thousand. So know how you feel!

There are so few of us on this new 'NZ' forum, I'll bet this question would have far more success on the 'Australia & NZ' immigration forum...

Anyway, for both of us, hope someone can help out??

Cheers, TA
Old Nov 13th 2002, 7:21 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Re: Currency Exchange

Hi all. Hope you don't mind an outsider coming here !

Try going to:
finance.yahoo.com

Alan collett posted a more thorough address,but I'm no I.T kiddy,so try searching on that scumbag Aussie forum that I go on.

We're missing you folks.Paul the forum leader is getting some stick to bring us back together-did you see the poll about it.

Hope to see you all back soon

BB-off to Perth in Feb,but don't hold that against me