Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

currency - best place to convert ?

Wikiposts

currency - best place to convert ?

Old Aug 9th 2004, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: currency - best place to convert ?

Originally Posted by anypan
We had no problems at all. All we had to do was allow 3 days for the transaction to go through electronicaly from our bank to their account even though it came out of ours immediately.

They e-mailed and confirmed at the time of the transaction a REF. number. You can choose a pick up point and time when you are arranging the money transfer. The site address is http://www.travelex.co.uk/

We picked it up at our local airport exchange office as i know where it is. They rang us up 2 days before to confirm the money transaction and that the money was there. At first using the net we were a bit worried it would all go wrong but we are very confident with there service and had no problems.
Argh - was all going so well, tried to order online but they wanted a card payment. My credit card company will charge me over £30 for the privilege of using my 'always paid off in full' card and the debit card has a max limit on it which stops us using that. Will try ringing them tomorrow and see if we can pay in cash - although no one seems to like cash these days !
Old Aug 9th 2004, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Qui~Gon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: currency - best place to convert ?

Originally Posted by ohippy
Argh - was all going so well, tried to order online but they wanted a card payment. My credit card company will charge me over £30 for the privilege of using my 'always paid off in full' card and the debit card has a max limit on it which stops us using that. Will try ringing them tomorrow and see if we can pay in cash - although no one seems to like cash these days !
Hi, Have anyone tried that XE.com site? the rates thier seem good aswell as being able to transfer money from them straight to aussie! rate at the mo is 1 GBP = 2.57688