Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

currambine shops?

currambine shops?

Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:34 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: currambine shops?

Originally Posted by kozzae
lol ive also been, the menu reads good but its just another ozzie curry house!
yuk! portions to small , curry dont taste anything like glasgow style
the only thing scottish about the place is the tartan on the waitresses ties!
When I went back to the UK recently after 5 years away, curry was on my list of food to eat (it was a MASSIVE list!!)

I was exceptionally disappointed to be honest. Not sure if you remember things differently or if your taste changes after a period of time eating different things. The only thing that lived up to how I remembered it was the fish, chips and mushy peas
Old Sep 18th 2010, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Originally Posted by northernbird
When I went back to the UK recently after 5 years away, curry was on my list of food to eat (it was a MASSIVE list!!)

I was exceptionally disappointed to be honest. Not sure if you remember things differently or if your taste changes after a period of time eating different things. The only thing that lived up to how I remembered it was the fish, chips and mushy peas
hiya
naa our taste buds havent changed! we are not long back from glasgow and like
you it was the first thing to do on the hit list
4hrs after getting off the plane we were in our old local indian
we even licked the plates clean!!!! must be mad! lol
but seriously we were really disapointed with the glasgow curry house
the butter chicken was like a bowl of bad tomato soup!
not that i eat that, but my son likes it! (no taste!) lol
i wont be going back to waste another $150 just not worth it!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Helen_McD has a spectacular aura aboutHelen_McD has a spectacular aura aboutHelen_McD has a spectacular aura about

Of Course its different...do we really travel halfway round the world..set up home in a brilliant place like Australia..then want to have all the crap stuff we had back there?Its nice to be reminded a wee bit of home sometimes..but we left for a bloody reason...i don't care if it tastes like a Glasgow Curry...or not..in case noone realises...currys didn't originate from there...lol.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

hoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant futurehoveactually has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Helen_McD
Of Course its different...do we really travel halfway round the world..set up home in a brilliant place like Australia..then want to have all the crap stuff we had back there?Its nice to be reminded a wee bit of home sometimes..but we left for a bloody reason...i don't care if it tastes like a Glasgow Curry...or not..in case noone realises...currys didn't originate from there...lol.
Strange choice of name though if the intention was not for its food to taste like a Glasgow curry
Old Sep 19th 2010, 10:17 am
Just Joined

Helen_McD has a spectacular aura aboutHelen_McD has a spectacular aura aboutHelen_McD has a spectacular aura about

Maybe it was just to attract UK people..i don't know..or maybe it does taste like some curries sold in Glasgow..I'm not a curry eater really..but I'd assume they all don't taste the same...orrrrr..it could be that its a case of Brits coming to Oz..and moaning cos its all different..not as exciting..no old buildings..no Marks N Sparks...no fried pies..whining all this as they're driving along the road..with the ocean right beside them..lol...well you know what i mean...I'm Glaswegian...and Ive been here near 30yrs..and work in retail..and all i constantly hear are British people whining about Oz..The Glasgow Curry House..i think..will suffer because of that..because its just not the same
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Moonwalker will become famous soon enoughMoonwalker will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Had meal there last nite and the food and service was fantastic the chicken tikka masala was just as i remembered it in Glasgow. They also use breast of chicken meat which was a delight as other indian restaurants use thigh meat.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:01 am
Just Joined

geraldine is an unknown quantity at this point

I also went there last week with my family, thought it was great, lovely athosphere, not some dingy shopping centre restaurant, did not freeze to death under the air conditioner which a lot of restaurants turn on in the middlej of winter, or no heating at all, so still freeze, anyway, the food was lovely, nann bread was thin and crispy and so fresh, not a soggy lump of dough which passes for nann in some places. It had a good menu and the service was very good, pleasant staff who did not mind talking to you, very helpful. The fact that it is booked up every weekend tells a story, and I.ve got friends from
glasgow who have eaten there and they say it is just like home, not that that really matters, it is always packed and people who know their curry really like it, will definately go back soon, if I can get in.[/I]
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoveactually
Strange choice of name though if the intention was not for its food to taste like a Glasgow curry
Does a Glasgow curry taste any different from a Newcastle curry, or a Liverpool curry?

Genuine question though, I've had curries all around the UK and haven't really noticed the difference from one city to the next, was I missing something????
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

kozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nicekozzae is just really nice

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Does a Glasgow curry taste any different from a Newcastle curry, or a Liverpool curry?

Genuine question though, I've had curries all around the UK and haven't really noticed the difference from one city to the next, was I missing something????
hi, uk curries should taste much the same up n down the country as they are made from a basic single stock sauce made mostly from onion, but here in oz the indian chefs use about 4 stock sauces to make their currys mostly made from tomato puree! most aussies cant handle the old hot spices so dishes like butter soup! sorry chicken are common, its just like aussie beer , weak and no taste!! i just love moaning and im not even a pommy!! lol
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kozzae
hi, uk curries should taste much the same up n down the country as they are made from a basic single stock sauce made mostly from onion, but here in oz the indian chefs use about 4 stock sauces to make their currys mostly made from tomato puree! most aussies cant handle the old hot spices so dishes like butter soup! sorry chicken are common, its just like aussie beer , weak and no taste!! i just love moaning and im not even a pommy!! lol
lol..i'm not a drinker at all..but my hubby is..we're both from Glasgow..and he's asked me to tell you..pommy beer is crap lol...
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

lol..i'm not a drinker at all..but my hubby is..we're both from Glasgow..and he's asked me to tell you..pommy beer is crap lol...
well, if all he's used to is Tennents super strength, then he's probably right .
In all fairness though, I think that some of the Aussie beer is pretty decent, although the range is a bit limited
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Malcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to allMalcs66 is a name known to all

I can't believe that coming from a Geordie, Aussie beer pretty decent! It all tastes the same! Give me Newkie Broon ale or a pint of workie ticket anytime .I would kill for a pint of McEwans or 80 shilling! After a few of those i couldn't care less what the curry tastes like.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:00 pm
Well Endowed Member

The Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really niceThe Squire of Onchan is just really nice

"The Glasgow Curry House" ...

That being to curry, what Glasgow did for the kiss ...

Jesus H Christ.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

i only drink german & cech beer me self!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Malcs66
I can't believe that coming from a Geordie, Aussie beer pretty decent! It all tastes the same! Give me Newkie Broon ale or a pint of workie ticket anytime .I would kill for a pint of McEwans or 80 shilling! After a few of those i couldn't care less what the curry tastes like.
Ahh, but i'm more of a quantity man than quality, you couldn't get me past stella back home and as for broon, well it had a very very bad effect on me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.