British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Currambine - Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/currambine-perth-393539/)

Southpaw Aug 29th 2006 8:57 pm

Currambine - Perth

Are the Primary/Secondary schools any good here?

Why is the suburb so much cheaper than neighbouring Iluka? (other than the obvious proximity to a beach). :D

Tiawamutu Aug 29th 2006 9:02 pm

Re: Currambine - Perth

Originally Posted by Southpaw

Why is the suburb so much cheaper than neighbouring Iluka? (other than the obvious proximity to a beach). :D

Your probably right.....the proximity to the sea

Don't think it deserves a thumbs down though

northernbird Aug 29th 2006 10:50 pm

Currambine is nice and has an excellent primary school, I know a few people who send their kids there and are really happy. As for secondary schools I don't know, I would imagine its Kinross College, if it is then that is also an excellent school.

Can't comment on why there is a difference in price, I would assume its because of the proximity to the ocean. Lots of very large homes in Iluka, some parts remind me of the movie Stepford Wives!

worzel Aug 30th 2006 12:17 am

We had a rental in Currambine when we arrived. We started our daughter at the local primary school and intended to buy in the area. But 3 things put us off: The nicer parts (eg at the Connolly end) were too expensive - $500K+ which is probably $700K now?; there are some cheaper bits around the station area but it looks a bit unkempt; and most important to where we were living on Christchurch Terrace , the freeway extension work is going to be starting soon and last for 18 months along the eastern edge. In 4 months we had the rental about 1 in 3 houses on our street sold or went on the market as people realised what was coming and tried to sell to the unwitting.

YFitz Aug 30th 2006 6:37 am

Currambine is cheaper than Iluka because every where is cheaper than Iluka! Apart from being close to the beach Iluka is an immaculate suburb in a Listeria Lane kind of way and hence has the price tag to match!

Currambine Primary is excellent and I have heard the catholic Primary has a good reputation too.
Facilities are good. Shops, doctors, dentist etc Takes about 4 mins to drive to beach and about 5 mins to Joondalup.

Wouldn't let the freeway extension put you off. It's to be a 2 lane carriageway ie the same as Shenton Ave, Hodges Drive etc, which every suburb has passing round it/through it at some point.

sj oldfield Aug 30th 2006 1:07 pm

Currambine is ok. Would rather live there than Iluka. Iluka is all too new, with not much character................you could always try Kinross!!! Bloody good schools here as well! ;)

Southpaw Aug 30th 2006 2:02 pm

Thank you everyone for your replies.

Using Rossmoyne as a comparison, would Kinross College/High or any of the secondary schools in that area come close?