currambine

Old Sep 14th 2007, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

pailuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face currambine

Hi I haven't posted any messages for awhile as I have been looking for somewhere to live. I have been looking at Currambine in perth.. The houses look nice and reasonable priced. The area also looks nice, but what is the job situation like, I am willing to travel to Perth as noticed it is only 15miles away. I am a paediatric nurse and hubby is a engineer. I also have two children, so I need to think about them
Old Sep 15th 2007, 12:40 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: currambine

Originally Posted by pailuk
Hi I haven't posted any messages for awhile as I have been looking for somewhere to live. I have been looking at Currambine in perth.. The houses look nice and reasonable priced. The area also looks nice, but what is the job situation like, I am willing to travel to Perth as noticed it is only 15miles away. I am a paediatric nurse and hubby is a engineer. I also have two children, so I need to think about them
It is a nice area, we had a rental there for a few months. Just watch out on the east side for the new freeway which could be noisy and the north end by the station which is a bit grotty IMHO but otherwise a very posh area. If you are a nurse Joondalup is a major hospital and is walkable just from Currambine. Otherwise, the station is close to whisk you into the city for RPH or Charles Gardner hospitals.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
It is a nice area, we had a rental there for a few months. Just watch out on the east side for the new freeway which could be noisy and the north end by the station which is a bit grotty IMHO but otherwise a very posh area. If you are a nurse Joondalup is a major hospital and is walkable just from Currambine. Otherwise, the station is close to whisk you into the city for RPH or Charles Gardner hospitals.
Currambine is a great area.............. especially the posher part of town; ie the Crest.

For resale value down the track............ it's maybe best to avoid the areas close to Burns Beach road and also near the deli and the school in what is known as the Outlook.

House prices in Currambine are still most reasonable.

Did an appraisal last week in Carramar.............. vendor was talking sale price circa $750K (Roy Orbison big time) If I had a spare $750K I would spend it in Currambine; Mindarie; or Connolly.................. not Carramar.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:22 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bobcat
Did an appraisal last week in Carramar.............. vendor was talking sale price circa $750K (Roy Orbison big time) If I had a spare $750K I would spend it in Currambine; Mindarie; or Connolly.................. not Carramar.
Fair point. If I had a $1M I would live in Ocean Reef or Mindarie, $750K Currambine but for $500K can't go wrong with Carramar. Location, location, location and all that. The road in Currambine we lived on had one massive 2 story house opposite us, twice the size / value of everything around it. Looked totally out of place.
Old Sep 15th 2007, 5:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Fair point. If I had a $1M I would live in Ocean Reef or Mindarie, $750K Currambine but for $500K can't go wrong with Carramar. Location, location, location and all that. The road in Currambine we lived on had one massive 2 story house opposite us, twice the size / value of everything around it. Looked totally out of place.
I had a white elephant listing in 2 Regina loop a couple of years ago. That's not the one you lived opposite is it?

That too was so out of place for the surrounding area.........it looked like ......... well it's hard to describe it really.......... let's just say it looked odd and resembled a museum on the inside. They wanted $580K................... managed to get them $535K but that was too low?

House was very nice inside so everyone to their own re taste....... it wasn't everyone's cup of tea though re the comments i got on the home-open register. Don't think they got too much more than $535k for it 6 months or so later when it sold through another agent?
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:19 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by Bobcat
I had a white elephant listing in 2 Regina loop a couple of years ago. That's not the one you lived opposite is it?

That too was so out of place for the surrounding area.........it looked like ......... well it's hard to describe it really.......... let's just say it looked odd and resembled a museum on the inside. They wanted $580K................... managed to get them $535K but that was too low?

House was very nice inside so everyone to their own re taste....... it wasn't everyone's cup of tea though re the comments i got on the home-open register. Don't think they got too much more than $535k for it 6 months or so later when it sold through another agent?
It was Christchurch Terrace - once they announced the freeway extension 1 in 3 houses went on the market. The one I am thinking of backed right onto it.

We had a stickybeak round Landsdale when we got here. Now that was a real mish-mash. English country cottage next to ultra modern ship's bridge layout next to mock tudor mansion...
Old Sep 15th 2007, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

It was Christchurch Terrace - once they announced the freeway extension 1 in 3 houses went on the market. The one I am thinking of backed right onto it.

We had a stickybeak round Landsdale when we got here. Now that was a real mish-mash. English country cottage next to ultra modern ship's bridge layout next to mock tudor mansion...
Landsdale's not too bad now......... apart from the array of different styles. It was in the middle of nowhere before when the only entrance was just off Alexander Drive. They've opened it up a lot since and now that all the infrastructure is in place it's not a bad suburb at all? Still a bit too way out the bush for me though.

I reckon you are better off where you are; that wasn't a bad move plus you got in at the right time.

I'm familiar with Christchurch in Currambine; I sold the Telefon House at the bottom on Newmarket Retreat several years ago........ the one which now has a horrible blue wooden fence around it ....... sort of transferred it into a sheep paddock frontage. Tuscany style home....... it's a real beauty........ Peter Stannard top of the Wazza double storey job........... and they put a cheap charlie sheep paddock fence out the front???