British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Cubic Meter query? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/cubic-meter-query-342113/)

Stitch Dec 10th 2005 12:44 pm

Cubic Meter query?

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how big in layman's terms is 15 cubic meters? Doesn't seem a lot to me. Just checking something out.

Cheers

Ginny

worzel Dec 10th 2005 12:54 pm

Re: Cubic Meter query?

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how big in layman's terms is 15 cubic meters? Doesn't seem a lot to me. Just checking something out.

Cheers

Ginny

3 seater sofa plus packing perhaps

Stitch Dec 10th 2005 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by worzel

Cheers for the reply.

Thanks

Ginny

mr mover Dec 10th 2005 4:08 pm

Hi,

Cheers

Ginny

Just under half a 20 ft shipping container. {35 cum3 or 1100 cuft approx]..... :beer: mm

Jonahs_mummy Dec 10th 2005 5:44 pm

must be a big sofa! LOL:D

mr mover Dec 10th 2005 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover
Just under half a 20 ft shipping container. {35 cum3 or 1100 cuft approx]..... :beer: mm

OR if you want to pack,it :p About 90 tea chest cartons ........... :beer: mm

bigjugs Dec 10th 2005 7:19 pm

My god how big is your sofa!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
A average sofa is 3m by 1m by 1m so 3m3
So 15m3 will be 5 sofas

Stitch Dec 10th 2005 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover

Thanks for that. Couldn't figure that one out but just trying to get an idea of what I can fit in.

Cheers

Ginny

worzel Dec 11th 2005 1:35 am

Originally Posted by bigjugs
My god how big is your sofa!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
A average sofa is 3m by 1m by 1m so 3m3
So 15m3 will be 5 sofas

Ah, the sofa may be 3 x 1 x 1 but with packing materials it was 4 x 2 x 2 :D

(why couldn't they have knackered that old thing then we could have had a new one)

My second excuse - it was about midnight when I typed that and I was seeing double :D

And my third excuse is - have you seen the size of sofas out here? Everyone knows everything is bigger and better out here :D

mr mover Dec 11th 2005 3:03 am

Ah, the sofa may be 3 x 1 x 1 but with packing materials it was 4 x 2 x 2 :D

(why couldn't they have knackered that old thing then we could have had a new one)

My second excuse - it was about midnight when I typed that and I was seeing double :D

And my third excuse is - have you seen the size of sofas out here? Everyone knows everything is bigger and better out here :D

Yer movin ta oz not farkin TEXAS ...........and get rid of your avatar that shite is Headache in a bottle............ :beer: mm

worzel Dec 11th 2005 10:32 am

It isn't a statement of my beer preference. The avatar is the same as the t-shirt I used to wear to Meets so people recognised me. I stopped wearing it in about July and haven't had a succesful meet since so I am going back to wearing it. :)

mr mover Dec 11th 2005 11:08 am

It isn't a statement of my beer preference. The avatar is the same as the t-shirt I used to wear to Meets so people recognised me. I stopped wearing it in about July and haven't had a succesful meet since so I am going back to wearing it. :)

I,ll send you a COOPERS PALE ALE t shirt. ;) ............. :beer: mm

lian and jon Dec 11th 2005 11:18 am

Hi,

Think of a room 3m by 5m (or 10' by 16') and pack the floor to a depth of 1.0m (3' 3''). That is 15 cu-m.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Stitch Dec 11th 2005 11:21 am

Originally Posted by lian and jon
Hi,

Think of a room 3m by 5m (or 10' by 16') and pack the floor to a depth of 1.0m (3' 3''). That is 15 cu-m.

Hope this helps,

Jon

Cheers, trying to visualize as I read.

Ginny

mr mover Dec 11th 2005 11:34 am

Cheers, trying to visualize as I read.

Ginny

remember shipping containers are 20 ft long 8,6ft wide and 8ft high..... :beer: mm