Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

CTP Third Party NSW

CTP Third Party NSW

Old Jan 12th 2006, 6:54 am
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question CTP Third Party NSW

Hi,

All famous insurance companies are excessively expensive.Only the green slip cost more than $566.......Are there any cheap insurance parties available like budgetquote (http://www.budgetquote.com.au) in this regard?

Please comment and suggest....

Thanks
Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:00 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: CTP Third Party NSW

This info is for QLD, not sure about NSW.

The price of CTP is regulated by the Motor Accident Insurance Commission (MAIC).
Each quarter, MAIC set a floor and a ceiling price for each vehicle class. Insurers are then required to submit the price they will charge.
The price cannot be lower than the floor price or higher than the ceiling price.
These prices remain fixed for the quarter.

Old Jan 12th 2006, 7:43 am
ABCDiamond

Some info on CTP premiums NSW & QLD (NSW based on my old details when I lived there)

NSW
Insurer Price
QBE $326.00
Allianz $332.00
CIC-Allianz $332.00
Zurich $332.00
AAMI $566.00
GIO $566.24
NRMA $567.60

QLD
AAMI $306.20
NRMA Insurance $299.20
QBE $300.00
SUNCORP $301.20
ALLIANZ $301.20
RACQ Insurance $303.20

Driving Info

Old Jan 12th 2006, 10:56 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: CTP Third Party NSW

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Some info on CTP premiums NSW & QLD (NSW based on my old details when I lived there)

NSW
Insurer Price
QBE $326.00
Allianz $332.00
CIC-Allianz $332.00
Zurich $332.00
AAMI $566.00
GIO $566.24
NRMA $567.60

QLD
AAMI $306.20
NRMA Insurance $299.20
QBE $300.00
SUNCORP $301.20
ALLIANZ $301.20
RACQ Insurance $303.20

Driving Info
All the 7 insurance companies are charging around $566 for CTP Green slip.In order to save some money on Green slip.
Is it a good idea to get the vehicle registeration (rego) renewed in Melbourne by Vicroads and bring the vehicle back to sydney??Please comment and suggest??

Thanks,
Old Jan 12th 2006, 11:03 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by smurtaza
All the 7 insurance companies are charging around $566 for CTP Green slip.In order to save some money on Green slip.
Is it a good idea to get the vehicle registeration (rego) renewed in Melbourne by Vicroads and bring the vehicle back to sydney??Please comment and suggest??

Thanks,
That's funny, looking at the quotes I did...
AAMI quoted $566.00, but QBE, the cheapest quoted $326.00

Drive down to Melbourne, for the inspection etc., then once you move it back to Sydney, you will need to re-register it in NSW, (within 3 months ?)presumably being a NSW resident, with any extra fees for the change of State.