CSA

Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: CSA

Originally Posted by ossigeno
No financial committment but moral committment perhaps.
Your right of course,I paid until my kids were old enough and before I came to Australia,but one of the many things that pissed me off with the CSA was the money i paid to them,my kids did't get.

some of the money was used to pay for unmarried mothers and their kids because they would refuse to name the dads.

so again, a crap organization from begining to the end
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:33 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I can see that it would be inconvenient for someone to have to pay for their children once they have decided to start a new life thousands of miles away. I can also see why some people become limited companies to pay themselves a very low wage as a company director and then produce this evidence to the CSA to reduce the amount of payments they have to make. The thought of a one off payment to absolve someone of any financial obligations to their children in the future, yes I can see that might do the trick.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:53 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

You could always tell your ex you are moving to Brasil.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
Yes, I can see that it would be inconvenient for someone to have to pay for their children once they have decided to start a new life thousands of miles away. I can also see why some people become limited companies to pay themselves a very low wage as a company director and then produce this evidence to the CSA to reduce the amount of payments they have to make. The thought of a one off payment to absolve someone of any financial obligations to their children in the future, yes I can see that might do the trick.
And considering the OP was trying to find out how it worked as he felt he had a moral obligation to pay for his kids and wondered if a one off lump sum would be a way your response seems, hmm, shall we say rather snide.

Do you know the OP's specific situation? No? Do you know if he gets to see his kids? No? Nor do I. Thats why I won't judge him. Its not a question of it being inconvenient to pay for the kids - its a matter of the ex has to go through a certain legal process in the UK to be able to do so through the CSA and maybe he's trying to work out an easier way to do it, and maybe, just maybe he's not just looking at his perspective.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:32 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Bit harsh mate without knowing the facts.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:52 am
"Its Not for Girls"

Yorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your support NikiL.

As usual, people are too quick to judge. If renshen had read my original post, she would have seen that I dont have a problem in paying. All I was trying to find out was how the system worked, so I can have as seamless a move to Oz as possible. Pity some people dive in feet first without having a clue or giving a single thought for the circumstances involved.

Originally Posted by NikiL
And considering the OP was trying to find out how it worked as he felt he had a moral obligation to pay for his kids and wondered if a one off lump sum would be a way your response seems, hmm, shall we say rather snide.

Do you know the OP's specific situation? No? Do you know if he gets to see his kids? No? Nor do I. Thats why I won't judge him. Its not a question of it being inconvenient to pay for the kids - its a matter of the ex has to go through a certain legal process in the UK to be able to do so through the CSA and maybe he's trying to work out an easier way to do it, and maybe, just maybe he's not just looking at his perspective.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorky1969
Thanks for your support NikiL.

As usual, people are too quick to judge. If renshen had read my original post, she would have seen that I dont have a problem in paying. All I was trying to find out was how the system worked, so I can have as seamless a move to Oz as possible. Pity some people dive in feet first without having a clue or giving a single thought for the circumstances involved.
You're more than welcome - I get extremely fed up with the assumptions that all fathers are feckless and want to avoid payments at all costs. It seems to be the default position for a lot of people unfortunately.

Please feel free to pm me if you want any more information on how it works from this side. I can only tell you what we've been told by Aus CSA when we applied to pay the mother in the UK and what we've dug out on REMO but more than happy if I can help any further.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 12:30 pm
"Its Not for Girls"

Yorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura aboutYorky1969 has a spectacular aura about

If I knew which button to press, I might take you up on the PM offer. I'll be back after taking advise from my 13 year old daughter who knows so much more about these things than me!

You're more than welcome - I get extremely fed up with the assumptions that all fathers are feckless and want to avoid payments at all costs. It seems to be the default position for a lot of people unfortunately.

Please feel free to pm me if you want any more information on how it works from this side. I can only tell you what we've been told by Aus CSA when we applied to pay the mother in the UK and what we've dug out on REMO but more than happy if I can help any further.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don't know the OP's specific situation, I have only his words on this thread to go on "I just want to make sure I dont get shafted and find myself unable to "live the dream" cos I'm sending all my cash to the ex wife!"
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:43 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

No, I don't know the OP's specific situation, I have only his words on this thread to go on "I just want to make sure I dont get shafted and find myself unable to "live the dream" cos I'm sending all my cash to the ex wife!"
Exactly, 'ex wife' being the concern of where the funds were truly going, not the child. Believe it or not there are some especially spiteful ex partners around who have custody of children and use that custody to bring about as much mental and financial harm as is possible to their ex partners. It is a sad but true indictment of the CSA system that it does not recognise that fact. I am completely for responsibility on the absent parents part, but there are a minority of single parents who really have pure poison running through their veins.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

That doesn't mean he doesn't want to pay, just doesn't want to get shafted. As someone who's salary got taken into account by UK CSA because OH's ex wife decided me working meant she should have more money from my OH, resulting in me being the only one who could pay any other bills including the mortgage I can absolutely see where he is coming from.

We looked into it before we moved as well for exactly the same reason.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

I can understand your viewpoint because of your situation. My viewpoint is also based on my experience. IMO somebody should not be planning "a new life" thousands of miles away if paying for their children is causing them financial difficulty. My priorities would be different. That's not to say your views are any less valid, just different to mine.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

IMO somebody should not be planning "a new life" thousands of miles away if paying for their children is causing them financial difficulty.
I don't see anyone on this thread saying they are planning a new life thousands of miles away and paying for their children will cause them financial difficulties???

The OP asked how the system works if he moves to Oz so he could understand when his ex will be able to claim additional money over what the UK CSA has him pay now.

You then decided to imply there was something else going on and decided to be judgemental.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

"To have a half decent standard of living in the UK, I had to set up a limited company as I was struggling on PAYE. Does setting up a limited company in Oz exist and can I set one up for the same reasons if I have to?"
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:29 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

"To have a half decent standard of living in the UK, I had to set up a limited company as I was struggling on PAYE. Does setting up a limited company in Oz exist and can I set one up for the same reasons if I have to?"
And what is wrong with that considering how the CSA gouge you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.