Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crystal Caves Yanchep vandalised

Crystal Caves Yanchep vandalised

Old Feb 19th 2006, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crystal Caves Yanchep vandalised

I was just looking for news on the bushfire and found this http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html
I have no idea why someone would want to vandalise the crystal caves, they are beautiful. We went shortly after Christmas and it's such a shame to hear this now. The caves are gradually drying out and the staff have been attempting to pump water through to preserve the caves, they must be gutted.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 12:07 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crystal Caves Yanchep vandalised

Originally Posted by Larissa
I was just looking for news on the bushfire and found this http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...5E1702,00.html
I have no idea why someone would want to vandalise the crystal caves, they are beautiful. We went shortly after Christmas and it's such a shame to hear this now. The caves are gradually drying out and the staff have been attempting to pump water through to preserve the caves, they must be gutted.
What are the caves like? Do you have any photos? We have been to Yanchep but didn't even read about them before hand.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Karen and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really niceKaren and Iain is just really nice

I think this is really sad, we were at the caves last year and it was a really interesting day out and the kids liked it! I will have a look for some pictures.
Karen
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Karen and Iain
I think this is really sad, we were at the caves last year and it was a really interesting day out and the kids liked it! I will have a look for some pictures.
Karen
How sad, we also had a great day out there last August and the kids were really fascinated by the caves. what a shame.
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
What are the caves like? Do you have any photos? We have been to Yanchep but didn't even read about them before hand.
heres the website for national parks, I'm not sure if there are pictures on here though.

http://www.naturebase.net/national_parks/index.html
Old Feb 19th 2006, 3:58 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Crystal Caves Yanchep vandalised

What a bunch of scumbags.

I will never understand why people do such stupid things.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 12:51 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Totally unbelievable! I was totally shocked!
And not only to wreck lights and those aquariams, but the actual ancient stalictites!!!!

And that poor Ranger! Just come back to work after breaking his back fighting that huge bushfire there last year!! Come back to this!!

It's a shame about the ground water levels going down too. I first saw the caves in 1989, and there was water in them. Makes it look very pretty. But apparently there hasn't been any water in there for the last 15 years now!