Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crumbling public transport

Crumbling public transport

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 7:17 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crumbling public transport

Who would want to live ina country like this?
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...5E1702,00.html

G
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:38 am
Banned

Quinkana will become famous soon enoughQuinkana will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Crumbling public transport

Originally Posted by Grayling

G
Would you, wouldn't you, ...

Blessing in disguise: wouldn't have to invent novel whinges.
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:44 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

So it's not only in the Uk then...

I wish they had that free fare day here aswell
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

G
Don't quite understood why (having never read a positive post from you on the place), but I always thought you were considering it....
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 8:56 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
Don't quite understood why (having never read a positive post from you on the place), but I always thought you were considering it....

Yes I am

Just balancing some of the anti-UK crap we get on here.

G
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:04 am
Banned

Yes I am

Just balancing some of the anti-UK crap we get on here.

G
Is that a triple negative?
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:19 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Just balancing some of the anti-UK crap we get on here
Good stuff, has much as i love the Uk and Oz, we need balanced ( we cant have one sided views ) views it's the only way we can compare both places and how it will affect our future move, without starting a a battle between Uk Vs Oz.

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:21 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyc
LOL & I thought it was just me .
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:23 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Good stuff, has much as i love the Uk and Oz, we need balanced ( we cant have one sided views ) views it's the only way we can compare both places and how it will affect our future move, without starting a a battle between Uk Vs Oz.

Seems like you are only allowed into Australia if you hate the UK and all within it and think that Australia is a practice run for heaven

G
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:35 am
ABCDiamond

Seems like you are only allowed into Australia if you hate the UK and all within it and think that Australia is a practice run for heaven
G
Originally Posted by Boomerang
Looks like Boomerang won't be let in then ?

Seriousy though, I think you will find many of us don't "hate" the UK, we just prefer Australia.

Old Nov 22nd 2004, 9:40 am
Banned

G
Have been known to let in the odd grumble bum.

The trains in Sydney are fashionably late:

Hapless commuters tangled in the tracks of their tears
Old Nov 22nd 2004, 10:13 am
G'day Mate

Lol ABC,

Don’t say that, I want them to let me in, it’s true, I don’t hate do Uk, I just disagree with some of the rules and actions taken by the politicians and the way the Uk is heading if the system is not changed, you know why? I’ll tell you, I’m a foreigner, or in a more technical term an economic migrant, I was born in Portugal 22 years ago and moved to the Uk when I was 12 ( when my parents split up ), my mum decided for a fresh start and the obvious choice was the Uk, because we had already family over here and part of that family is English descendent… The Uk provided me with a better career, better prospect for my future plus I am studying and working at the same time and earning a good wage and saving it for my other move to Australia something I wouldn’t be able to do back home. I’m doing my bit for the country every month when I pay the high taxes and my direct debits to some Uk charities. Its a stressful life specially because I have never been able to adapt to the English weather and it affects me heaps but this is a minor thing, there’s other things I don’t like, for example the way immigration is handle, the way our public transport system works, the dirtiness of the country ( not everywhere, at least in London ).

How I decided to move to Australia, well I got the bug from living in the Uk specially in an area that is predominantly aussies, kiwis and S africans, with an Australian centre and pub across the road, which I love because I’m able to interact and mix in with them so the move wont be harder emotionally and I kinda know what to expect to a certain extent. They introduced me to Australia, been there on holidays and loved the place, but like the Uk it has it’s flaws, it has the high rate of male teenage suicide, it has the highest rate of ecstasy takers, lot of taxes has we can see the public transport ( at least in Sydney has it’s flaws ) etc…, I am well aware of it, but like ABCdiamond said and rightly it’s a question of preference, I prefer Australia, I believe it offers a better quality of life, even though it’s not perfect, but I don’t dislike the Uk it’s my adopted home it’s the place that provided me great things that otherwise I wouldn’t have, but now I have to start thinking about my other part of my life, where I want to settle down, where I want to “have� kids, where I want them to grow up, that’s where Australia plays a big part. In other words I wouldn’t be here today in this forum exchanging views and planning the move with you all which I have to admit you are all a great bunch of people and I would never imagine that I would have so much help from the virtual world of BritsExpats. So Thank You to you all.

So here it is the view of a 22 year old that wants to jump to the other side of the world.

Regards,
Pedro

Ps – apologies for the spelling mistakes but im at work and I don’t really have much time to correct what I wrote above, so once again apologies.