Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:27 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crown shipping - my opinion so far

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
They broke alot of stuff and things were missing. They argued about our claims and it took 3 months for them to pay out.

They were the most expensive quote that we got out of 3 companies, but went with them because of there so called reputation.

Also at this end of Perth, it took them 4 weeks to get our stuff sorted once it arrived:curse:
Thats terrible
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:29 am
In Aus and loving it!

VikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of lightVikkiL is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lpw
Sounds like it night be a Perth office problem...

So you got your claim sorted after three months? That's just one more month for me to wait then! There was other damage I noticed once I finally got my things home, but too late to claim for that by then.

The people there were okay enough when I met them, but to get them to help you out or even take a call on the phone is impossible.

I reckon my name is on a bit of paper next to reception in a red circle with a big line through it

Kent are a good alternative in Perth in my experience.
Maybe you are right and the Perth office is jinxed!! I hope not for everyone using Crown and heading there but they obviously need to sort themselves out......................lets hope Brisbane can organise themselves a bit better!

Good luck with your claim etc
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Ours is going to Tas so i guess we'll be dealing with the Melbourne office. Anyone had any dealings with them?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:12 am
Just Joined

CharlieCorbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much for your help. I've spoken to someone at Crown this morning, just waiting for a time to do a survey so we'll see how we get on. I've asked PSS too but not heard from them yet.
Thanks
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:35 pm
In Aus and loving it!

I hope everything goes well for you, whoever you choose to go with
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Tony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant futureTony & Tina has a brilliant future

We too used Crown, door to door was 7 weeks, only because quarantine kept our stuff for 2 weeks due to backlogs. Had a 20ft container jam packed, everthing well wrapped, no breakages or damage and very professional both ends.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:03 pm
In Aus and loving it!

OK, container arrived yesterday and thought I would update everyone on my full opinion of Crown now that I have been through the whole experience!

Our container left Southampton on 26th July and docked into Brisbane on 24th August, so that was pretty good going I thought. It got customs clearance on 5th September and has spent the remaining 3/4 weeks waiting for AQIS to release it as they have had a backlog to clear.

Crown arrived bright and early yesterday and got straight to it, carrying a total of 123 boxes up 4 flights of stairs to our top floor rental! AQIS had had a field day with our container and had opened loads of our boxes, most of them were kitchenware and outside goods (bikes etc). Apparantly they look for spices etc in the kitchenware boxes so thats why they searched them all. They didnt find anything though and our bikes/outdoor items were thoroughly cleaned so they passed the test They also opened an antique wooden rocking chair, boxes marked as containing ornaments, washing machine, dishwasher and also the vacuum cleaner.

The 2 Crown guys were very pleasant and didnt stop at all, they asked for a few glasses of water but that was it! I didnt want the majority of the boxes unpacked as we are hoping to move to our own house in a few weeks but I checked all fragile items such as crockery, glass and also an expensive dinner service and all were in perfect condition We had taken lots of mirrors and pictures and they were all fine too. What a massive relief that was. Everything was very well packed and professionally handled so that obviously made a difference.

The only slight problem was that one of our leather sofas had a touch of mould on it but I cleaned it yesterday and there is no sign of it today so hopefully that will be the end of that.

On the whole, I would definitely recommend Crown. They were not the cheapest but I am glad that we paid the extra to get Crown employees at both ends and a level of consitency. In our case, it was worth the extra few hundred pounds.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 3:16 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by VikkiL
OK, container arrived yesterday and thought I would update everyone on my full opinion of Crown now that I have been through the whole experience!

Our container left Southampton on 26th July and docked into Brisbane on 24th August, so that was pretty good going I thought. It got customs clearance on 5th September and has spent the remaining 3/4 weeks waiting for AQIS to release it as they have had a backlog to clear.

Crown arrived bright and early yesterday and got straight to it, carrying a total of 123 boxes up 4 flights of stairs to our top floor rental! AQIS had had a field day with our container and had opened loads of our boxes, most of them were kitchenware and outside goods (bikes etc). Apparantly they look for spices etc in the kitchenware boxes so thats why they searched them all. They didnt find anything though and our bikes/outdoor items were thoroughly cleaned so they passed the test They also opened an antique wooden rocking chair, boxes marked as containing ornaments, washing machine, dishwasher and also the vacuum cleaner.

The 2 Crown guys were very pleasant and didnt stop at all, they asked for a few glasses of water but that was it! I didnt want the majority of the boxes unpacked as we are hoping to move to our own house in a few weeks but I checked all fragile items such as crockery, glass and also an expensive dinner service and all were in perfect condition We had taken lots of mirrors and pictures and they were all fine too. What a massive relief that was. Everything was very well packed and professionally handled so that obviously made a difference.

The only slight problem was that one of our leather sofas had a touch of mould on it but I cleaned it yesterday and there is no sign of it today so hopefully that will be the end of that.

On the whole, I would definitely recommend Crown. They were not the cheapest but I am glad that we paid the extra to get Crown employees at both ends and a level of consitency. In our case, it was worth the extra few hundred pounds.
Thanks for the update We are using Crown aswell so I only hope it comes through with no breakages like yours has. Our container is due to arrive on 11th of this month, but not expecting it to clear AQIS for another 3-4 weeks after that.

Cheers, Chris

Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:25 pm

Caggsy is on a distinguished road

Hey Chris - how's it going? Hope you guys are settling in! Any sign of any jobs yet? Kids at school?

Our shipment arrived last week but can't track it any further yet as Crown's tracking system on-line is under maintenance - still no rush (as yet!).

Have fun!

Caggsy
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:34 pm
In Aus and loving it!

Originally Posted by The_Effys
Thanks for the update We are using Crown aswell so I only hope it comes through with no breakages like yours has. Our container is due to arrive on 11th of this month, but not expecting it to clear AQIS for another 3-4 weeks after that.

Cheers, Chris

Yeah, there is no rush to get it through AQIS, but then again they must have so many containers to check through and, as I said in my post, they were very thorough so its now wonder it takes so long!

Hope all goes well with your belongings, my young boys found a couple of their matchbox type cars with broken wheels yesterday but thats it so far. Not bad to think where the container has been and what it has been through really.
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

We found Crown excellent at both ends.

In a previous life (!!) we used Grace over here and Robinsons in the UK-the UK end was ok but the Australian end was terrible terrible service.

Anyone know any good interstate removalists ?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 2:21 pm
Big Skies and Wide Eyes!

The_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud ofThe_Effys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Caggsy
Hey Chris - how's it going? Hope you guys are settling in! Any sign of any jobs yet? Kids at school?

Our shipment arrived last week but can't track it any further yet as Crown's tracking system on-line is under maintenance - still no rush (as yet!).

Have fun!

Caggsy
Hi Caggsy,

Yeah, settling in really well, but still in holiday mode at the mo as the kids are currently into their first week of a 2 week spring break(yeah, SPRING! how weird does that sound!

No jobs as yet, but haven't really been looking, plenty in the paper. Went for a 3hr aptitude test with 1 rail company but haven't heard anything yet, not expecting much from it though as I was still jetlagged when I done it!

Are you getting the wobblies yet? Not long till you're out here yourself weather is picking up also, it is like a (normal?) UK summer here now quite hot in the sun, but still cool in shade & a little cold at night, although we havent had any heating on at night this last week

Catch you later,

Chris

Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:32 pm

Come on now Chris - no excuses about jet lag during your aptitude test! Crikey a 3 hour test, don't envy you there.

Great to hear your settling in, read one of your posts on another thread. Good also that you've met up with "Phillip & Sharon".

I leave work on 16th October but Jason's not leaving til 19th. He's working right up til the last day, keeps saying he'll have the time off on the other side, not stupid is he?

Got such a full social diary now right up until the Sunday night before we go, party time Have promised ourselves NOT to get emotional just stay happy! Lots of people already booking their holidays with us for 2008. 2009 and 2010

I guess you'll stay in holiday mode til school and work kicks in.

Glad to hear to weather's improving. Mad Chef should there by now. We'll need to get that date sorted for the big BBQ!

Speak Soon

Caggs
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 3:32 pm

Sorry think I've hi-jacked this post slightly!
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melaniee
We found Crown excellent at both ends.

In a previous life (!!) we used Grace over here and Robinsons in the UK-the UK end was ok but the Australian end was terrible terrible service.

Anyone know any good interstate removalists ?
Our experience of crown was ok at the UK end and crap at the Brisbane end (delivery guys excluded)

It took 14weeks 3days for the shipment after we were told 8-12weeks...as vikki says there is a backlog though. the girls in the brisbane office didnt return calls, one even said our shipment hadnt left the UK after 13 weeks!! another one said that they didnt have any paperwork from us and are we sure we used crown!!! the online tracker wasnt updated and when it was the information was different to what we were being told. we had someone blatently lie to us..... but the lads deliverying the stuff just made the experience a good one.they worked soo hard.

But after crown was recommended to us, if i was to do it again. I wouldnt use them - only because of the stress the brisbane office put us through really.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.