Wikiposts

Crown Removals

Old Apr 13th 2006, 2:57 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crown Removals

Originally Posted by worzel
The UK end was fantastic. I can't say the same for Perth though. I have heard the same about other companies too, though.

We had two pieces of broken furniture (by the delivery guys, not in transit) and they took weeks to come back and collect the empty boxes despite daily phone calls. It all got sorted in the end, partly thanks to my posts on here and the help of the national quality manager in Sydeny but the service we got on the ground was awful. They did say they were putting on extra people so maybe they are better now?
Mate who did you get this end ? was it chess , i think they are the main ones for perth no matter who you use in uk .Our Stuff turned up ok , the only drama we had was being told ( but not in writing ) that we had a months free storage this end , not so we were charged , but not much, for a few weeks. This wolud be the one black mark against Leatherbarrows ( britannia ) .
Old Apr 13th 2006, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

sherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nicesherie_in_oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi just had Crown removals out to give me a quote. He reckons about £5000 with insurance to Brisbane in a sole container. Taking roughly 8-12 weeks. He seemed really nice and very professional Has anyone else used Crown? Would they recommend them.

Stacey xx
Hi Stacey,
We also used Crown very recently!! We sold our house in Newcastle under Lyme on 17th Feb and they are delivering it here on the Gold Coast tomorrow 15th April, so its only taken 8 weeks door to door which is very quick I think.

So far we've been very impressed with the way they've handled everything, they originally quoted over 4,400 pounds for a 20foot sole container from Staffs to GC but they reduced this to 4000 pounds to fall in line with other quotes we'd had. They said they were very quiet and seemed to want our business so get some more quotes and tell them how they compare.

Hope it all goes well for us tomorrow.....can't wait to get our own beds etc, and our kids are all very excited.
Will let you know if tomorrow doesn't match up, but so far very pleased and glad we went with them.

Best wishes,
Sherie
Old Apr 13th 2006, 9:23 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

It all depends on the people: the Crown lady who quoted was very professional, as were the people at the UK end.

The Oz end was not good: we had several dozen things broken and an insurance claim of some $4000 in toto, plus huge aggro having to get comparative quotes for replacements. They did pay up straight away though.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 10:17 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Mate who did you get this end ? was it chess , i think they are the main ones for perth no matter who you use in uk .Our Stuff turned up ok , the only drama we had was being told ( but not in writing ) that we had a months free storage this end , not so we were charged , but not much, for a few weeks. This wolud be the one black mark against Leatherbarrows ( britannia ) .
We went for Crown as they are international - so it was Crown this end too.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 10:22 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
We went for Crown as they are international - so it was Crown this end too.
Ah got ya , just heard the chess guys mentioned on here b4 .
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s2uallas
We are also using Crown, to go to Melbourne, as I was recommended them by a friend who works in the freight industry. The company Letton Percival came up with a very good quote for insurance of 1.53% of value compared to 2.5 or 3.5 from Crown. Unsure how good the policy is though.
Hi just making sure this is the company you were on about.

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/

If yes i will phone them after easter to get a quote.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 14th 2006, 8:14 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi just making sure this is the company you were on about.

http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk/

If yes i will phone them after easter to get a quote.

Stacey xx
yep thats them
Old Apr 19th 2006, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We've just had quotes from Alllied Pickfords £5700 and Kent £4700.
What is happening here - why are the shipping quotes for 20ft containers so high?

Did you get any other quotes?

Hi just had Crown removals out to give me a quote. He reckons about £5000 with insurance to Brisbane in a sole container. Taking roughly 8-12 weeks. He seemed really nice and very professional Has anyone else used Crown? Would they recommend them.

Stacey xx
Old Apr 19th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luma
We've just had quotes from Alllied Pickfords £5700 and Kent £4700.
What is happening here - why are the shipping quotes for 20ft containers so high?

Did you get any other quotes?
Hi Luma i have not had any other quotes was really happy with how Crown came a cross and reading some of the other threads there's not that much difference in them all. With crown the £5000 is what i pay nothing else, i will only be charged extra if any item has to be cleaned or got rid off. But hopefully that won't happen. I am going to ring Letton Percival for an insurance quote will let you know what they say.

Do you think you know who you are going with?

Stacey xx
Old Apr 19th 2006, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

From what I've read on the forum Letton Percival charge 1.53% and the excess is £100. (the excess puts some people off - as they thought it not worth it).

Let me know what you find out.

We don't know what to do with the shipping. Hubby has now asked me to find out about self-shipping. (I told him he's nuts :scared: as we've got 2 toddlers and it will be a nightmare).

We might get quotes for 1/2 container.

I just think we should go for Kent's quote.

Hi Luma i have not had any other quotes was really happy with how Crown came a cross and reading some of the other threads there's not that much difference in them all. With crown the £5000 is what i pay nothing else, i will only be charged extra if any item has to be cleaned or got rid off. But hopefully that won't happen. I am going to ring Letton Percival for an insurance quote will let you know what they say.

Do you think you know who you are going with?

Stacey xx
Old Apr 19th 2006, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

We used Crown from northwest UK to Perth. They were great. It cost GBP3800 (we knocked them down in line with a cheaper quote from another company) for sole use of a 20ft container. This was at the end of November 2005. Nothing broken, nothing missing.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

It seems that prices have increased a lot since then.

Did you have to pay anything on the other side?

Originally Posted by rossfive5
We used Crown from northwest UK to Perth. They were great. It cost GBP3800 (we knocked them down in line with a cheaper quote from another company) for sole use of a 20ft container. This was at the end of November 2005. Nothing broken, nothing missing.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 7:55 pm
Tiny Member

tucs is on a distinguished road

have had many companies round. (i live in Ireland) by far the friendliest, cheapest and most profesional was crown. They have bases in ozz so maybe tis is why they are much cheaper. We will save money when our stuff gets over there as storage is cheaper there than here. We will pay €5000 for a 20ft to perth. Remember to check that all costs are included. Fumigation, quarantine. We just have to sort out insurance.
Hope they do the business but from what i have seen at the moment they are streets ahead.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Luma
It seems that prices have increased a lot since then.

Did you have to pay anything on the other side?
No, all included, and customs did not quarantine anything so we did not have that expense either.
Old Apr 19th 2006, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

v moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nicev moore is just really nice
Smile Re: Crown Removals

Hi stacey,
We used crown and they were fantastic and very professional and all our belongings arrived safely and nothing broken. Great company. Good luck Vanessa. xx

Stacey xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.