Reload this Page >

Crown Quote Seems Very High?!

Wikiposts

Crown Quote Seems Very High?!

Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

sunny_samantha is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by sky
We used White & Company and have no complaints they were £2,199.00 for a sole use 20ft container to nz from leeds and they did all the packing.
Er dont know how much the insurance would be because we didnt get any :scared:
Lots of people I know have used them now and no probs
Really fascinated with this quote as we were quoted £3845 for sole use of a 20 foot container AND WE had to do ALL the packing ourselves - can't think why we didn't choose this company!!!!!!!!
Susan
Old Jul 31st 2004, 7:59 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crown Quote Seems Very High?!

Originally posted by DollyDaydream
Exactly the same as me. My word doc is up to 80+ pages at the moment and adding to it every day!!!

D D
My own "Oz Immigration Tips" file was saved on the desktop. I needed to reformat my HD so I carefully backed everything up...

except (.....................)

(Fill in the missing word!)
Old Jul 31st 2004, 8:41 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rog Williams
My own "Oz Immigration Tips" file was saved on the desktop. I needed to reformat my HD so I carefully backed everything up...

except (.....................)

(Fill in the missing word!)
Uh-oh
I know the feeling though. When I started as an IT Technician (many moons ago), I was given a 3-month 'trial' with the promise of a pay-rise, etc at the end of it. A week before the review date, I had to reload a computer. The user had also saved several v. important files onto their desktop and ...

Still, I got the pay-rise nonetheless so it all worked out well in the end (for me )
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:13 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sunny_samantha
Really fascinated with this quote as we were quoted £3845 for sole use of a 20 foot container AND WE had to do ALL the packing ourselves - can't think why we didn't choose this company!!!!!!!!
Susan
Loads of people I know have used them now with no problems and they are really cheap they have a sister company called Curtess who are even cheaper. I would recommend anyone to give them a ring and ask for a quote.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:17 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

We were also offered free storage of our stuff for 8 wks but you have to haggle for this also if the price doesnt suit haggle about that. They tell you, you have to have their insurance (cos they get a nice fat commission for selling it to you) but it is a load of rubbish and we didnt take any and besides it is cheaper to go get insurance yourself from an insurance company.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:25 am

chris n will become famous soon enoughchris n will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by wmoore
Not a prob. Like I said, none of this is my work, I've just nabbed it from this forum mostly!!

Enjoy
Great resource - thanks a lot.

Chris
Old Jul 31st 2004, 12:12 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

PSS sole use of 20ft container packed to the gills very excellent service both ends $3185 insurance 1.3/4 % recoemmended we only bothered to cover valuables - lots of small prin t in all insuances forms all companies say breakables can only be 30% of the total insurance nothing packed by yourself is covered so only did a small insurance cover which was not required as the only breakage was a ceramic flower pot which was packed by me?

recommend them their service and knowledge at both ends is excellent they also have a free storage facility at this end for a few weeks and what is important about this company is THAT THEY STORE THE PACKED CONTAINER not the contents loose in their warehouse for packing again later. very important this as thats when things grow legs.
Old Jul 31st 2004, 10:20 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

What happens if they loose the container?

I guess you can get your own insurance for this though?
Old Aug 2nd 2004, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

jerzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by lucyb
We have just received our quote from Crown today and I think it is very high...tell me what you think....

sole use of a 20 foot container....771 cubic feet
£3785!!!
This included full pack service

the insurance I am also not sure about......

Marine All risk premium cover @ 4.2% of declared value

Can you tell me if you think I am being ripped off ??!

Lucy
HAGGLE,

We had a high quote from Crown but were well impressed with them. Told them that they were too expensive and they dropped the price by £400 for sole use of a 20 ft container and reduced the insurance percentage too.

We had 5 shipping quotes and Crown and John Mason were the only 2 I'd have trusted with our possesions. Some of the others were clowns, I knew more about the import restrictions than the guy White & Co sent out and PSS sent us a quote by email without even bothering to visit our house !
Old Feb 18th 2005, 2:54 am
Just Joined

bubby is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jerzy
HAGGLE,

We had a high quote from Crown but were well impressed with them. Told them that they were too expensive and they dropped the price by £400 for sole use of a 20 ft container and reduced the insurance percentage too.

We had 5 shipping quotes and Crown and John Mason were the only 2 I'd have trusted with our possesions. Some of the others were clowns, I knew more about the import restrictions than the guy White & Co sent out and PSS sent us a quote by email without even bothering to visit our house !
hi im also impressed with crown but find them pricey will try and drop the price .What percentage did you get for insurance they have said 4.2% a lot more than other quotes .But i do want to use crown just got to lower the cost.

many thanks bubby
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:25 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lucyb
We have just received our quote from Crown today and I think it is very high...tell me what you think....

sole use of a 20 foot container....771 cubic feet
£3785!!!
This included full pack service

the insurance I am also not sure about......

Marine All risk premium cover @ 4.2% of declared value

Can you tell me if you think I am being ripped off ??!

Lucy
We just got a quote from them too, for a part container

343 cubic feet - £1549

Funny though, John Mason quoted us 300 cubic feet for £1350 (same stuff) and PSS quoted 290 cubic feet for £1185 (same stuff as Crown)

Do they pack them differently? With this we would have avoided Crown. Just going to speak to Billy Saunders at Crown and find out whether this £1549 is cast in stone, and isn't recalculated once packed.

Any ideas?

Paul
Old Feb 18th 2005, 6:20 am
Just Joined

I know what you mean

jmi 375 cubic ft
£1998
insurance 3%

Anglo 350 cubic ft
£1849
insurance 3%

doree 500 cubic ft
£2309
insurance 3%

crown 500 cubic ft
£2486
insurance 4.2%
also said 20ft £3289

would like crown ,rep was good and its a good firm .lots of people who have used them on this site recommended them.Just got to get the price down and insurance time to haggle.

bubby
Old Feb 18th 2005, 6:23 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bubby
Anglo 350 cubic ft
£1849
insurance 3%
Do a forum search for '***** ********' and avoid em like the plague!!!
Old Feb 18th 2005, 3:30 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Any chance of giving us a website or phone number for `Curtess` please? Google couldn`t find them.

We also need a sole-use 20ft container (apparently there are 2 types of 20ft container.... a 1050 cubic foot one and an 850 cubic foot one (called a `Reefer`). The Reefer is a bit cheaper obviously.

If the goods go via the Suez canal then it`s about £50 cheaper (but not slower).

I was impressed with the Anglo Pacific rep (but not their price).

PSS guy came to the door today and he was very good and honest. Hopefully get a good quote.

Also like the guy from John Mason, although he said that Val would send an e-mail to us yesterday or today with a proce but haven`t heard back from them yet.

Shippers2000 quote is very good, but I need to get more details from them.

Have asked White & Co. to give us a quote via e-mail for the container (950 cubit feet of contents) door-door.

I`ve been told it`s cheaper and better to organise a customs clearing agent in Aus yourself. Hmmmm.

Interesting about the insurance... probably won`t bother then.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 1:12 am
Just Joined

hello all just want to know has any one knocked the price down and insurance , with crown and how you done it any help thanks.

bubby