Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown just been to quote...

Crown just been to quote...

Old Mar 9th 2006, 12:39 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Crown just been to quote...

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd share. My new job is paying for shipping some of my goods out to Oz and I have to get quotes from Crown and Allied Pickfords. Crown came today (Allieds can't come until another couple of weeks). They have been really good so far keeping in touch by email and updating me on things. Guy came around to the house and was really helpful. Brought info for the kids and a couple of wee gifts. Answered all my questions and listed to me rabbit on a bit. All in all so far have been very impressed!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 9th 2006, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crown just been to quote...

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi folks,

Just thought I'd share. My new job is paying for shipping some of my goods out to Oz and I have to get quotes from Crown and Allied Pickfords. Crown came today (Allieds can't come until another couple of weeks). They have been really good so far keeping in touch by email and updating me on things. Guy came around to the house and was really helpful. Brought info for the kids and a couple of wee gifts. Answered all my questions and listed to me rabbit on a bit. All in all so far have been very impressed!

Cheers

Ginny
Thanks Ginny

We've been looking at them too.
Old Mar 9th 2006, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Hi folks,

Cheers

Ginny
My hubby's work is paying too and we had to get quotes from Crown and John Mason. Crown won the contract and I have to say I'm quite glad, as they gave us much more info than Masons. Crown are also doing our relocation so it feels good to keep everything with the company that we are in constant contact with. My neighbours furniture went a couple of weeks ago (also going to WA) and they used Allied Pickfords. They were really pleased with their service too . Hope everything goes well for you.
Tracey
Old Mar 9th 2006, 2:17 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Hi folks,

Cheers

Ginny
Ooooh Ginny, it's really happening!!!!!
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:07 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
My hubby's work is paying too and we had to get quotes from Crown and John Mason. Crown won the contract and I have to say I'm quite glad, as they gave us much more info than Masons. Crown are also doing our relocation so it feels good to keep everything with the company that we are in constant contact with. My neighbours furniture went a couple of weeks ago (also going to WA) and they used Allied Pickfords. They were really pleased with their service too . Hope everything goes well for you.
Tracey

Thanks Tracey..Got the flights details today from Pet Travel Services so dog's all booked. Not long for you guys...All the best

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:08 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by herrchook
Ooooh Ginny, it's really happening!!!!!

I know, I'm stressed out of my box.......I really can't handle all this.....Can't wait to get to Brisbane...

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

hi ginny

if any use we had GBliners round today and robinsons - robbinsons were ho as helpful as we expected but GB liners were very helpful and reassuring, they were also very reasonable £1900 for half container1

hope this helps hugs gee x
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:14 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by gina
hi ginny

if any use we had GBliners round today and robinsons - robbinsons were ho as helpful as we expected but GB liners were very helpful and reassuring, they were also very reasonable £1900 for half container1

hope this helps hugs gee x

That's a good quote....We don't have much of a say cause the University has dictated who we can use. Crown and Allied don't seem too bad (hopefully!)

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Tracey..Got the flights details today from Pet Travel Services so dog's all booked. Not long for you guys...All the best

Cheers

Ginny
What date does Stitch fly? Molly and Brodie can't get into quarantine until 15th May!! Luckily my friend in Leuchars is going to look after them until they can fly. Best of luck to you all too .
Tracey
Old Mar 9th 2006, 4:18 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
What date does Stitch fly? Molly and Brodie can't get into quarantine until 15th May!! Luckily my friend in Leuchars is going to look after them until they can fly. Best of luck to you all too .
Tracey

We're lucky cause we're going to Brisbane so Stitch will be in Sydney Quarintine. He flies 23rd May about a week or so before we go. He'll be there and then we're getting Dogtainers to transport him from Sydney to Brisbane.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Mar 9th 2006, 7:43 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Hi folks,

Cheers

Ginny
We used Crown to move our stuff (just under 17 cu. m.) from secure storage in Sydney to Wellington. They did the job perfectly. They collected the goods from the storage, packed in a shared container, and cleared NZ customs for us. They then delivered the goods in the same condition that they left Sydney. Excellent job, and I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Warning to All:
We had some additional stuff delivered from the UK, and every box which arrived in that shipment was crushed, gouged, or dented. Fortunately it was the 'extra' stuff which we didn't take out to Oz the first time, (mainly books and gym gear), but even so, I begrudge paying for a 'service' which was this bad. Needless to say the UK agents (a company called Michel-Hurel, based in Abingdon) got some stiffly worded emails! They also asked if I wanted to collect the goods from the port myself, or pay to have them collected. They neglected to tell me, however, that I could NOT clear the goods myself. Goods coming into NZ (and Oz for that matter) MUST be cleared by a customs agent. Talk about unprofessional! One of the boxes contained an onyx chess set. It was well packed, but as the box ended up 80% of the thickness at which it started out, it's now onyx rubble! If anyone is thinking of using Michel-Hurel to ship freight, I'd be unable to give them a reference, based on my experience with them.