Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crown how long till they deliver ??

Crown how long till they deliver ??

Old May 1st 2006, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant futureHazel T has a brilliant future
Question Crown how long till they deliver ??

our shipment was due to arrive in Brisbane on 22/4 i have emailed crown in the uk to ask if it has arrived, and the reply just said they will be in contact shortley to arrange delivery, how do crown contact you will they let you know if its arrived or only contact you when its ready for delivery, driving me mad now as we move to unfurnished house on thurday and now desperate for my furnitue, any body shed any light on the way crown work ???

Thanks Hazel
Old May 1st 2006, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

queenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant futurequeenie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Crown how long till they deliver ??

Ages, don't rely on them to have your furniture delivered anytime soon.

I think we got told when the boat had docked, and then delivery was about 10 days after that.

Originally Posted by Hazel T
our shipment was due to arrive in Brisbane on 22/4 i have emailed crown in the uk to ask if it has arrived, and the reply just said they will be in contact shortley to arrange delivery, how do crown contact you will they let you know if its arrived or only contact you when its ready for delivery, driving me mad now as we move to unfurnished house on thurday and now desperate for my furnitue, any body shed any light on the way crown work ???

Thanks Hazel
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:08 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

They told us it would be about a week after arrival but it was almost a month
Old May 2nd 2006, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohnAndNetta has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazel T

Thanks Hazel
Generally speaking its 10-14 days after arrival at the port. Its down to customs clearance now, which is why your shipping company are probably being a bit vague. I think there were a lot of problems at Brisbane port for about 2-3 months around December (it was on the news) and there were huge backlogs, but I don't believe that's the case any more. Crown will contact you but you should also have a number for them at their office in Banyo. We telephoned our contact a couple of times, and she was really helpful and her prediction was spot on. Our shipment arrived way ahead of schedule (before we did!), but the customs clearance did take two weeks so it all turned out ok in the end. Customs had decided they wanted to treat a wooden Buddha and two wooden cats. Even though they were imported from Bali and had already been treated before entry to the UK. They also decided to destroy some plastic grass in resin which we had bought from Australia in the first place! Try as we might we could not seem to convince customs that the grass was plastic. They said it would cost us $200 to treat (lol) and nothing to destroy. So that $10 plastic grass vase, which was purchased in Brisbane, was ditched quite quickly. No point arguing with these guys.

We found Crown to be excellent and their customer services was very good, although they were the most expensive. The only problems we had was with customs, otherwise I think our shipment would have been delivered in less than 10 days from arrival at the port.

From chatting with people that are over here already it seems that most problems occur when you use a shared container. That's when time seems to drift on forever and anticipated dates pass you by.

If you're getting worried, start hassling your Banyo contact. That's what they are there for.

Good luck
Netta