Reload this Page >

cronulla south of sydney anyone know it

cronulla south of sydney anyone know it

Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

jesta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cronulla south of sydney anyone know it

hi there

stopping with freinds there just wondered if anyone has ever been there or knows anything about the place. Look forward too your replys.

jesta

-------------18 days till i land in sydney-------------------
Old Feb 16th 2005, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough
Default Re: cronulla south of sydney anyone know it

Originally Posted by jesta
hi there

stopping with freinds there just wondered if anyone has ever been there or knows anything about the place. Look forward too your replys.

jesta

Hi Jesta,

Cronulla has a great beach, we visit there most weekends. We live about 25 minutes away, but from what I see and hear Cronulla is a good place to live. If you are buying it is expensive, but I guess that won't be your problem if you are staying with friends.

Good luck with your journey,

Nanci
Old Feb 16th 2005, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

jesta is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: cronulla south of sydney anyone know it

Originally Posted by nanci
Hi Jesta,

Cronulla has a great beach, we visit there most weekends. We live about 25 minutes away, but from what I see and hear Cronulla is a good place to live. If you are buying it is expensive, but I guess that won't be your problem if you are staying with friends.

Good luck with your journey,

Nanci
THANKS NANCI

CANT WAIT WAIT TO HIT THE BEACH COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS
Old Feb 17th 2005, 1:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Ascot Berks(06.04) to Cronulla nr Sydney back to Ascot (04.05)
Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

THANKS NANCI

CANT WAIT WAIT TO HIT THE BEACH COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS
We live in Sylvania - about a 10 min drive to Cronulla. There's a great surf beach (Wanda & Elouera) but also a child-friendly beach with good fish & chip shop on the park - on australia day its where we watched 'Opera on the Beach" it was fantastic. The bays on to the Port Hacking river are spectacular. Theres a big mall at Miranda. The whole area is part of the Sutherland Shire which is very family friendly and suburban. Cronulla does get lively at night, but we've never seen anything to worry about. The whole area is on the train-line so easily accesible to Sydney CBD.
PM me if you need any more info...
Old Feb 17th 2005, 3:36 am
Sand, sea and serenity

Milo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the roughMilo is a jewel in the rough
Post Re: cronulla south of sydney anyone know it

We also live in Sylvania and visit Cronulla every week. It's my favourite place there are lot's of restaurants (tried most of them). The walk along the beach is beautiful, we usually sit by one of the cafes and order a coffee and sit gazing out to see what more.... When we first arrived we stayed in the ridges hotel until the rental house was ready in Miranda, we love the area. Everyone is so friendly I think it is because we are out from the city and seem to have more time to say hello ect. e-mail me if you need to talk.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

mamichelle is on a distinguished road

hi there

jesta

Apparently there is a nice ferry ride across the water to a place called Bundeena. Kurnell which is nearby is a beach surrounded by sand dunes which is also beautiful.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 5:33 am
Forum Regular

Rosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really niceRosie n family is just really nice

Originally Posted by mamichelle
Apparently there is a nice ferry ride across the water to a place called Bundeena. Kurnell which is nearby is a beach surrounded by sand dunes which is also beautiful.
And in Bundeena they have an 'art-trail' a few painters live there & you can see their works in their houses. 3rd sunday in every month I think
Old Feb 17th 2005, 7:50 am
PommieLeague

Dont forget to catch a game at Toyota Park, hom e of the Cronulla Sharks footy side.

Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:09 am
new horizons

new horizons is on a distinguished road

Cronulla south is fabulous. This is a bit of a well worn soapbox of mine. Anything in the Sutherland Shire which includes Cronulla, Wanda, Elouera beaches, the Port Hacking River and Bays, the Georges River and Bays and the Royal National Park, is fabulous. The Shire also has fabulous schools, a huge shopping complex as well as many medium sized ones, great cafes, restaurants etc etc - do i sound a tad parochial?? Well I am - it is still a largely untold secret that more and more brit expats are discovering.
Once you get to cronulla you should just take your time to orientate yoursef to where you are in sydney and then discover what sydney, but in particular, the Shire has to offer.
And to top it off a relatively easy 35 minute drive to the CBD and a similar time by train. But dont tell too many people cos its nice for everyone to think the north side of sydney is the cream of the crop - this way we can keep the south side nice and secret!
When you get there take the ferry to Bundeena from Cronulla Wharf ( on Gunnamatta bay) then the next day take the ferry on the Port Hacking River and Bays trip also from Cronulla Wharf. After those trips I will be willing to bet you wont look back. All the best.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:12 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by new horizons
Cronulla south is fabulous. This is a bit of a well worn soapbox of mine. Anything in the Sutherland Shire which includes Cronulla, Wanda, Elouera beaches, the Port Hacking River and Bays, the Georges River and Bays and the Royal National Park, is fabulous. The Shire also has fabulous schools, a huge shopping complex as well as many medium sized ones, great cafes, restaurants etc etc - do i sound a tad parochial?? Well I am - it is still a largely untold secret that more and more brit expats are discovering.
Once you get to cronulla you should just take your time to orientate yoursef to where you are in sydney and then discover what sydney, but in particular, the Shire has to offer.
And to top it off a relatively easy 35 minute drive to the CBD and a similar time by train. But dont tell too many people cos its nice for everyone to think the north side of sydney is the cream of the crop - this way we can keep the south side nice and secret!
When you get there take the ferry to Bundeena from Cronulla Wharf ( on Gunnamatta bay) then the next day take the ferry on the Port Hacking River and Bays trip also from Cronulla Wharf. After those trips I will be willing to bet you wont look back. All the best.
sorry to nip off topic, but are u coming to the meet on sunday?
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:13 am
new horizons

new horizons is on a distinguished road

P.S - forgot - also check out Kurnell and its national park (about 15 mins from cronulla). This is where Captain Cames Cook landed when he discovered Aussie in 1788. The museum and memrials and the bush trails are well worth a day out.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:14 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosie n family
And in Bundeena they have an 'art-trail' a few painters live there & you can see their works in their houses. 3rd sunday in every month I think
the souths tourist board
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soapy
the souths tourist board
Yeah all right- Ive not done it yet though, What time is the Sydney meet on sunday I think the old thread needs a bump esp for the newbies - its in Botanic Gardens Right? See you there
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I have friends who live in Cronulla. While I think they like the suburb itself, they loath Sydney and are moving to Perth ASAP. Probably one of the biggest gripes is that it is so far from the city, he travels two hours each way to work (but I am not sure which side of the city he works in).
Old Feb 17th 2005, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Its a great spot, although it can get invaded by 'people of a middle eastern appearance' at weekends after dark, so you may need to be a bit watchful then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.