Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Croc Attacks 10yr old in WA but she's ok

Croc Attacks 10yr old in WA but she's ok

Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:54 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Croc Attacks 10yr old in WA but she's ok

Sorry if this is old news, I saw it on GMTV this morning. Her brother helped rescue her by punching the croc in the head.

I was just wondering actually, I know they teach the kids at school about which animals are dangerous but how did everyone else find out and how do you find out what action to take, say if you were bitten by a snake or a spider?

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...446959,00.html
Old Oct 7th 2005, 8:58 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Croc Attacks 10yr old in WA but she's ok

Originally Posted by Clippies
Sorry if this is old news, I saw it on GMTV this morning. Her brother helped rescue her by punching the croc in the head.

I was just wondering actually, I know they teach the kids at school about which animals are dangerous but how did everyone else find out and how do you find out what action to take, say if you were bitten by a snake or a spider?

I have a Video of swimming lessons in Perth, they show kids bein chased by a small croc in school swimming pool.

Yer the kid, attacked by a croc, happened yesterday or wednesday I think, glad shes ok

Did you see the news in Uk, about a kid here, who jumped to net a basketball, and the wall crashed onto him , bout 9 mths ago??

He had multiple severed limbs, HE is the most heroic kid ive ever seen.

Brought tears to our eyes watching him after his ops.

Steve
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:01 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
I have a Video of swimming lessons in Perth, they show kids bein chased by a small croc in school swimming pool.

Yer the kid, attacked by a croc, happened yesterday or wednesday I think, glad shes ok

Did you see the news in Uk, about a kid here, who jumped to net a basketball, and the wall crashed onto him , bout 9 mths ago??

Steve
Jesus, no didn't hear that - poor kid, that sounds terrible. I'd have been in tears, anything like that really gets me.
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:03 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Jesus, no didn't hear that - poor kid, that sounds terrible. I'd have been in tears, anything like that really gets me.
The kid was about 8, and had severed both arms and legs !!!!!

Was AWFUL !!!

will hunt down news clippin, hes a STAR !!!!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 9:04 am

Was AWFUL !!!

Oh no, you're going to make me cry aren't you
Old Oct 9th 2005, 5:16 pm
kelly Slater...mmmmmm

Carkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really niceCarkedit is just really nice

Far as I remember they did manage to re-attach 3 of the limbs though. Amazing kid..such courage!
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Thats really sad. I havent heard about that either. Bless him.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 9:35 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Was AWFUL !!!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Nation...489417718.html

brave kid
Old Oct 10th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
What a gorgeous boy!!!! Thanks for posting that Sel

Tracey
Old Oct 10th 2005, 8:26 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Best way to find out about what to do is to take a first aid course. I have my UK Red X certificate, but have to uprade it here in Oz to get my insurance and professional registration. The course is very similar to the UK, but includes management and treatment of bites, wounds and stings from poisonous snakes, spiders, etc..

The first aid courses in the UK are not run very often, but I was pleased to find that in WA they run them every week. I believe a basic first aid course covers it - and of course, it is really very useful for dealing with all sorts of emergencies. Everyone would find them beneficial - it's believed that many lives could be saved if everyone did a basic first aid course.

Have a look at http://www.redcross.org.au/default.asp or http://www.stjohn.org.au/

HTH.

Sue
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by sel
Blimey, what a brave lad - poor kid
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Best way to find out about what to do is to take a first aid course. I have my UK Red X certificate, but have to uprade it here in Oz to get my insurance and professional registration. The course is very similar to the UK, but includes management and treatment of bites, wounds and stings from poisonous snakes, spiders, etc..

The first aid courses in the UK are not run very often, but I was pleased to find that in WA they run them every week. I believe a basic first aid course covers it - and of course, it is really very useful for dealing with all sorts of emergencies. Everyone would find them beneficial - it's believed that many lives could be saved if everyone did a basic first aid course.

Have a look at http://www.redcross.org.au/default.asp or http://www.stjohn.org.au/

HTH.

Sue
Thanks Sue, I did a paediatric first aid course last year for my little un, I'll definately be doing on in Oz if we ever get there. Thanks for the links.

Kath
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:51 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Steve
and as a result manufacturers are now going to put warnings on basketball rings advising not to slam dunk.

but yes a very brave young boy.
Old Oct 10th 2005, 11:00 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, at least she's ok, she's from our town.
Been a bad week here, she got injured, our local popular kid was killed in Bali explosions, his sister and dad injured, another kid from same school killed in car accident on the same day. All this during school holidays so kids had a rough day going back to school yesterday

Small town but same school hit twice by Bali, one of their teachers was killed in 2002 in Sari Club bomb, another teacher injured . In a small country town blows like that are massive.
Old Oct 11th 2005, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by teza
Yep, at least she's ok, she's from our town.
Been a bad week here, she got injured, our local popular kid was killed in Bali explosions, his sister and dad injured, another kid from same school killed in car accident on the same day. All this during school holidays so kids had a rough day going back to school yesterday

Small town but same school hit twice by Bali, one of their teachers was killed in 2002 in Sari Club bomb, another teacher injured . In a small country town blows like that are massive.
Gosh that's very sad, poor kids