Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Criminal Records Certificate

Criminal Records Certificate

Old May 16th 2003, 7:17 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Criminal Records Certificate

Hello, I've just recieved my Enhanced Disclosure Criminal Records certificate which I need to teach in the UK. Does anyone know if I can use this instead of the standard police check form?

It's got sections on -
'Police Records of Convictions, Cautions, Reprimands and Warnings'
'Dept for Education and Skills'
'Dept of Health Information'
'Other Relevant Information'

All of which are stamped with 'NONE RECORDED' (Phew! )

Can I get this copied and certified and not have to get the usual police check as well?

Emma
Old May 16th 2003, 8:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Info from an officer in one of the police offices that deals with Data Protection checks is that No, the CRB check won't be accepted, mainly because it is provided for a diifferent purpose - ie 'checking for work with vulnerable people', rather than 'checking for immigration'.
Also the immigration authorities need the letter that comes from New Scotland Yard, which is the normal police/Data Prot check. The CRB are an independent body and so the letter you have, which comes via them, isn't acceptable.
The advice is that (unfortunately) you will need a standard Data Protection check.
Sorry its not a more helpful answer.
Pollyana
Old May 16th 2003, 8:29 am
Homeward Bound

spuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond reputespuds has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks pollyanna,
That's a great help. Just thought I could save myself some time money and effort but should have known better!

Emma.
Old May 16th 2003, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

garywarby is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry got carried away, forgot to click on new topic!! Sorry to butt in!!