Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Criminal Record On DIMIA Application Forms

Criminal Record On DIMIA Application Forms

Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all
Default Criminal Record On DIMIA Application Forms

I've just received a successful skills assessment for my RPL from the ACS and am now busily filling in forms for the actual visa application to the DIMIA.

The main form (47SK I think) asks if I've got an criminal convictions including those removed from records.

28 years ago at the age of 13 I got done for shoplifting and 21 years ago while out on the piss at University I got done for criminal damage - had an arguement with a traffic bollard because it spilt my pint
so I decked the b*stard !!!! Unfortunately, a nice PC was walking by at the time !!

Has anybody else confessed to things like this and is it likely to affect my application ?

I've been purer than the driven snow ever since !!!

Honest, Gov. !!!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 2:30 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal Record On DIMIA Application Forms

Originally Posted by eintracht
I've just received a successful skills assessment for my RPL from the ACS and am now busily filling in forms for the actual visa application to the DIMIA.

The main form (47SK I think) asks if I've got an criminal convictions including those removed from records.

28 years ago at the age of 13 I got done for shoplifting and 21 years ago while out on the piss at University I got done for criminal damage - had an arguement with a traffic bollard because it spilt my pint
so I decked the b*stard !!!! Unfortunately, a nice PC was walking by at the time !!

Has anybody else confessed to things like this and is it likely to affect my application ?

I've been purer than the driven snow ever since !!!

Honest, Gov. !!!
There have been plenty of similar threads in the past - you might want to do a search. But it seems that (i) you need to be the Yorkshire Ripper or Harold Shipman for any offences to stop you getting in and (ii) you should declare it because it won't matter but if they find out you lied years in the future you could be deported. So relax!
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:29 pm
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
There have been plenty of similar threads in the past - you might want to do a search. But it seems that (i) you need to be the Yorkshire Ripper or Harold Shipman for any offences to stop you getting in and (ii) you should declare it because it won't matter but if they find out you lied years in the future you could be deported. So relax!
I had similar incidents happen in my youth, declared it all. Granted Visa on 7th Feb. Don't think it really matters after 10 yrs.
Good luck with your app
Jamie
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:46 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by J+J
I had similar incidents happen in my youth, declared it all. Granted Visa on 7th Feb. Don't think it really matters after 10 yrs.
Good luck with your app
Jamie
Cant really help - but i didn't think having a criminal record was mandatory anymore
Old Feb 21st 2005, 4:48 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 21st 2005, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

I dont think you will have any problem at all....not in my experience