Vandalized Property Australia
9.09%
Vandalized Property UK
27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Crime Poll

Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:25 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice
Default Crime Poll

Have you been a victim of the following crimes:
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:26 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Crime Poll

Originally Posted by Widdi
Hard to say really

Last edited by Perthforme; Apr 6th 2005 at 7:29 pm.
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:30 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Hard to say really
LOL its working now
Old Apr 6th 2005, 7:31 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Hard to say really
give me a bloody chance or to can put one down by me!!!
Old Apr 6th 2005, 9:32 pm
Banned

has anyone had a problem in Australia??
Old Apr 6th 2005, 10:29 pm
ABCDiamond

has anyone had a problem in Australia??
I was staying in Leichhardt Sydney in 1987, and a burglar began to do the house, I'd just nipped out to the local shops, he left via the back door while I came back in through the front. Nothing lost though. Police came and fingerprinted the area, but I heard no more about it. It was the day of one of the big RFL matches, so I reckon they thought I was heading off there for a few hours.

Then in 1998 in the UK, someone tried breaking in to my house, but it was alarmed, so they ran off

Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:20 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Never in either country.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:06 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my car broken into twice within 1 year in the UK!!!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:29 am
ABCDiamond

Looking at the results of this poll it looks like Grayling and Superior have both been very unlucky in their experiences with crime.

Old Apr 7th 2005, 1:50 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Looking at the results of this poll it looks like Grayling and Superior have both been very unlucky in their experiences with crime.
I wonder if mother superior has even been to the UK. Funny that he is still trying to post. What a clueless Terry.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:04 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Had our car broken in to in the UK about 3 years ago.
Nothing so far in Oz - touch wood!

Funny story about the car break in though.
Off to work one morning. surprised to find window open.
Look inside and the car is a mess.
Seats are covered in cider, sugar and soil covered carrots!!!

No physical damage except scratch marks from whatever was used to pop the lock. Nothing stolen.

There was however a carrier bag containing:
4 empty 'White Lightning' cans crushed
1 half bag of sugar
12 carrots
1 letter from the DSS complete with name & address and details of previous employer, being a local farm!

Spoke to the cops, they did well not to laugh!
Guy was charged and we got 50 quid costs.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:08 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by bondipom
I wonder if mother superior has even been to the UK. Funny that he is still trying to post. What a clueless Terry.
What exactly happened to Superior , was he banned or are all his posts put on " ignore", What did he say that got him banned or put on ignore?

Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
With his attitude I would'nt be surprised if he was ever in the UK he would be targeted by everyone, not just the criminals...

On a more serious note, will the statistics of this poll tell us anything meaningful? As this is a British Expat forum, majority of the people here would've lived in the UK for far longer than they have in Australia.

If however the result shows that people on this forum have experienced many more incidents of crime in Australia in the brief time they've been here than in the UK, then JTL and I are packing our bags tomorrow... It's highly unlikely though.

Mrs JTL
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:25 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
With his attitude I would'nt be surprised if he was ever in the UK he would be targeted by everyone, not just the criminals...

On a more serious note, will the statistics of this poll tell us anything meaningful? As this is a British Expat forum, majority of the people here would've lived in the UK for far longer than they have in Australia.

If however the result shows that people on this forum have experienced many more incidents of crime in Australia in the brief time they've been here than in the UK, then JTL and I are packing our bags tomorrow... It's highly unlikely though.

Mrs JTL
Good points Mrs JTL.
Also like to add, how do you compare the crime rates of where the posters lived in the UK V Oz. We always lived in semi-rural towns in the UK, that to us felt safe. We've now moved to a big city. Have we increased our chances of becoming subjected to crime?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 2:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't had incidents in the Netherlands or Australia.

Am much more careful out here though, and there's many more warnings and incidents I've noticed and heard off.
(burgalaries are high here, and we had a letterbox drop from the police warning us there's been a lot of car break ins in the area). Our house is always locked up, and Pascal has put timers on lights and radio to go in evenings or weekends we're not in, and has stuck an alarm on the wall in the loungeroom. And he hides all our expensive stuff(laptop mainly) and keeps curtains shut. I think he's exagerrating, but anyway... he didn't do this extreme in the Netherlands.

Overall I feel a little less safe here, but then, we did move from a country town to a big(for us) city.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.