Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

crime in melbourne

crime in melbourne

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by Deancm
Whoaaaa!!!! Pedantic!

OK, just for your benefit. One of the perpetrators of the train bashing was clearly of Indian/Pakastani/Bangladeshi descent considering they all look the f **ing same.

If I was a betting man I would say Indian.

Always been a firm believer that once you have dug a big enough hole you should stop digging
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 10:38 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Why chinese are not being targetted, my theories will be (If you don't agree just ignore, no need to be rude )

1. Most of them know martial arts and attacking them may backfire. If you don't agree, try pinching one, it will clear your doubt.

2. They don't mingle as much as Indians, this keeps their nature concealed. The more a community mingles, the more friends and well as Enemies it earns.

3. Average Chinese is comparatively richer than average Indian. So they can afford to live in posh areas and afford to live by doing less risky jobs.

4. Someone rightly pointed out - they mostly have female company. And attackers haven't at least lost respect for women yet.

5. Winning #1 spot in Olympics has created respect of their physical ablities and strength in front of the world. They can proudly say "Chinese are best athletes in the World" and prove it by showing 2008 Olympics medal tally. So attackers know they are not "Soft" targets

[From signature] Disclaimer: All my posts refer to that specific person(s) being discussed. They never pertain in a generalized manner to any of these : the entire community, country or race.
I'm loving the irony. Keep the entertainment up

6. China has far good economic and diplomatic relations with Australia than India. China does a lot more export/import with Australia. I remember Indo-Aussie relations have got tense many times. The latest one you know, the last one was when Aus refused to supply Uranium to India (for civil purpose) and voted against it at NPT. So in a sense, a chinese may be seen as partners/friends by many Aussies.
So one point out of six has some intelligence in it. However the point pertains more to why the Indians are rattling their sabers than the relative treatment of Chinese in Indians in Australia. I suspect that more people of Chinese heritage have been based over the last 6 months than Indians.

Yep. Aus won't supply India with the uranium to make bombs. I can't see any problem with that. And the current Indian bully boy tactics makes this a very good decision.

Aus does have a better relationship with China because China doesn't treat us like their bitch. This relationship of course has no relevance to the bashing of Indians or Chinese in Australia as the scum who do this do not think on that level.

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jun 2nd 2009 at 10:42 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all

Anyone know where Enoch Powell is
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by stewmac
6' under.

Were you a fan?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Rotting in hell, if there is any truth in the omnipotent.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all

LOL 2 bites in 5 mins
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

LOL 2 bites in 5 mins
A question to a quizicle post more than a bite. But have fun with yourself
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
A question to a quizicle post more than a bite. But have fun with yourself

Typical response ,didnt get a bite back so turn it back to Nick Griffins mate
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

Typical response ,didnt get a bite back so turn it back to Nick Griffins mate
Couldn't work out where you were going with it; whether you were a fan (of him and his policies) or whether you were suggesting someone was a fan. So asked the question to clarify. I suspect an answer is not in the offing.

I missed the other possibility; that you were playing with yourself

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jun 2nd 2009 at 11:39 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Couldn't work out where you were going with it; whether you were a fan (of him and his policies) or whether you were suggesting someone was a fan. So asked the question to clarify. I suspect an answer is not in the offing.

I missed the other possibility; that you were playing with yourself

Not playin with myself at all just off out for a bit of P*** bashin ,gotta feel like a local
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jond
Always been a firm believer that once you have dug a big enough hole you should stop digging
Not necessarily. I said he looked clearly of Indian descent. That was meant in a generalised sense similar to say someone from China is asian, even though Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese etc are also asian,

What Ronan did was take it literally which was really being nothing more than anally retentive. We can all be pedantic if we want to.

Last edited by Deancm; Jun 3rd 2009 at 12:12 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Well now Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi appear similar to you.. a complete u turn aye...

To be honest Im not surprised... As I said earlier, way to go.....
Ronan, stop trying to goad me into an argument. When I say Indian I mean in a generalised sense of the word. I am not talking about DNA accuracy.

Stop being an anally retentive twat, you are giving Indians a bad name.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Why chinese are not being targetted, my theories will be (If you don't agree just ignore, no need to be rude )

1. Most of them know martial arts and attacking them may backfire. If you don't agree, try pinching one, it will clear your doubt.
You have watched far too many Hollywood movies. This is just plain wrong. No more Chinese study martial arts than and other demographic.

2. They don't mingle as much as Indians, this keeps their nature concealed. The more a community mingles, the more friends and well as Enemies it earns.
They do mingle. The Indians tend not to.

3. Average Chinese is comparatively richer than average Indian. So they can afford to live in posh areas and afford to live by doing less risky jobs.
As you said yourself, it is the top 5% or the cream of Indians that come to Australia. Now if that isn't a bit elitist...

. Someone rightly pointed out - they mostly have female company. And attackers haven't at least lost respect for women yet.
Now you are grasping at straws. Crooks/thugs hate people equally.

5. Winning #1 spot in Olympics has created respect of their physical ablities and strength in front of the world. They can proudly say "Chinese are best athletes in the World" and prove it by showing 2008 Olympics medal tally. So attackers know they are not "Soft" targets
Now this is the biggest load of crap have even read. Who gives a toss if they can run fast or do somersaults? That's really going to help them out.

6. China has far good economic and diplomatic relations with Australia than India. China does a lot more export/import with Australia. I remember Indo-Aussie relations have got tense many times. The latest one you know, the last one was when Aus refused to supply Uranium to India (for civil purpose) and voted against it at NPT. So in a sense, a chinese may be seen as partners/friends by many Aussies.
And most crooks are rocket scientists as well.

Last edited by Deancm; Jun 3rd 2009 at 12:11 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:42 am
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough
Talking Re: crime in melbourne

4. Someone rightly pointed out - they mostly have female company. And attackers haven't at least lost respect for women yet.

Points 5 & 6 are one of the most hilarious ones I have ever ready on BE website. I have to give it to you mate!!
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 12:50 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by folic
There's a tiny handful of posters in this thread who have claimed origins in the Sub Continent and who are deliberately goading other posters, imo. So, firstly, they should take a good look at what they've written and why.

On the other hand, I had reason, imo, to mention to someone what I considered to be the insufferable arrogance, ignorance and rudeness of many Sub Continentals. This was shortly after we moved to Sydney. The person replied that although Australians were not impressed by them, these Sub Continentals were in fact the wealthier class in their own country and were accustomed to treating people 'like dirt' -- and unfortunately continued to do so after their arrival in Australia. Only then did I begin to understand the situation.

It really behoves the Indian government to explain to those of its people who intend to travel through or live or study in Western nations that it would be in their own best interests to remember 'When in Rome do as the Romans do'. Whilst the Indian students may belong to a privileged class at home, they are not considered anything special in Australia and they'd be wise to bear this in mind.

l agree met a few Indians in OZ who were from wealthy or upper class backgounds in india and most were very snobbish and l don't think they would give the time of day to anyone from a working class background if they were white or Indian or any race. That does'nt go down well in OZ where alteast Aussie like to pretend they are a classless or egalitarian society.

Last edited by mohogony; Jun 3rd 2009 at 12:53 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.