Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

crime in melbourne

crime in melbourne

Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of
Default Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by sr71
You must be joking, UK police are a disgrace.
Not really, no. Would trust a UK copper over a VicPol one any day of thge week.

They are arrogant, rude and self absorbed, IMHO.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
What makes you think that?
Maybe for some trades, but the jobs that these students are doing are always there and good workers are valued.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:53 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe for some trades, but the jobs that these students are doing are always there and good workers are valued.
Dogsbody work.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Ironically enough, one of the perpetrators of the train bashing was clearly an Indian, one was clearly an asian and I think one or two were of Italian or Greek origin. I think only one was an actual Aussie. Could be wrong about the Italian/Greek and Aussie.
By the way where did you get this information from?? I would be really interested to know...

If you are telling this based on your observation, then I must admit. You are a genious. I can never identify Indians from Srilankans, or Indians from Pakistanis or even Indians from Bangladeshis... It is really difficult for an average human being...

Would be really interested to know the basis of your above statement....

Last edited by ronan_in_Oz; Jun 1st 2009 at 5:09 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 12:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
If you are telling this based on your observation, then I must admit. You are a genious. I can never identify Indians from Srilankans, or Indians from Pakistanis or even Indians from Bangladeshis... It is really difficult for an average human being...
From watching the CCTV footage. I can identify Indians from Sri Lankans but Pakastani and Bangladeshi, now that is another story. On the balance of probability Indian is the more likely as there is a higher Indian population than Pakastani or Bangladeshi.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

A well written article here :

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/don...0601-bsto.html
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:49 am
Account Closed

Yes, good article. The problem with the media in Australia is that there is no news, so when something does happen it gets over-sensationalised. Shit, even a duck crossing the road makes the news in Australia.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

cockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant futurecockney pommy has a brilliant future

In the last 6 months in Melbourne I have seen more fights than I have seen in London in the last 6 years. In fact I see at least one fight every time I go out in Melb. Friday and Saturday nights has turned into a warzone.
alcohol violence isn't really that bad in london, it's much more prevalent in the northern parts of england, london has a different type of violence which is gang related and involves knives and guns and usually blacks too
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:18 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

l think the Indians are overreating, most people who get bashed and stabbed in Melbourne are white people being attacked by other white people only a tiny handful of attacks are whites attacking Indians, why do they travel alone at night on trains at 2 am in the morning in notorious bad suburbs displaying expensive lap tops and ipods? why not just have a sign out saying" please mug me" . Do they think OZ is like Singapore where theres no crime. Every time an indian gets robbed or attacked they say its a racist attack, most cases are just robberies or senseless attacks that have nothing to do with race,

Last edited by mohogony; Jun 2nd 2009 at 4:22 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:32 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

l read somewhere one of the bashings on a train was a group of Vietnamese looking people bashing an Indian Student, maybe they should protest to the VIetnamese governemet about racism.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Talking Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by mohogony
l read somewhere one of the bashings on a train was a group of Vietnamese looking people bashing an Indian Student, maybe they should protest to the VIetnamese governemet about racism.
Racism is a badly mis-understood word. It has different meanings in different laws and cultures. May be somebody should define all aspects of Racism and publish it worldwide so that every human should understand what Racism exactly is.. You may read this thread and see how many times this word was misunderstood and blown out of propotion.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:20 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Hats off to the Indians actually living in Australia for pointing out the reality rather than the jingoistic nonsense the Indian press has generated in the post election news vacuum.

Can the Indian press be indicted for inciting racism both in India and Australia?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Hats off to the Indians actually living in Australia for pointing out the reality rather than the jingoistic nonsense the Indian press has generated in the post election news vacuum.

Can the Indian press be indicted for inciting racism both in India and Australia?
I agree with you here. Indian Press has really exaggerated as far as the word racism (probably they also misunderstood it) is concerned. They are also guilty to some extent for sensationalizing this hysteria.

But they have done some good work also to atleast start covering these crimes which were never given importance until last week. The latest one which I heard today is an Indian cabbie was brutally beaten by an Aussie passenger (now I am not sure what Aussie he is a native or european whatever) just because his cab's tyre got flat

Last edited by mpgrewal; Jun 2nd 2009 at 8:31 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

I do not agree with anyone getting bashed..... But I also do not agree with the Australian flag & effigies of the Australian Prime minister been burnt either.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:17 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

From watching the CCTV footage. I can identify Indians from Sri Lankans but Pakastani and Bangladeshi, now that is another story. On the balance of probability Indian is the more likely as there is a higher Indian population than Pakastani or Bangladeshi.
Perfect. This is exactly I was expecting. Way to go...

This is probably the 2nd most funniest post I have read in recent times...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.