Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

crime in melbourne

crime in melbourne

Old May 28th 2009, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

Kassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to allKassy is a name known to all
Default Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Doesn't matter. It has become an everyday incident now.
Now that is an exaggeration....
Old May 28th 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

husaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant futurehusaing has a brilliant future
Thumbs down Re: crime in melbourne

Govt seems to be stunned

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/an...tunned/467468/
Old May 28th 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kassy
Now that is an exaggeration....
See the link by Husain above and tell me how am I exaggerating. Its another one from yesterday. Today I was listening to Australian High Commissioner to India Mr. McCarthy who disclosed that more than 500 Indian students have been racially assualted in whole of Australia in past 6 months and just 1 arrest so far.

Its very shameful and I don't think any law pervails there, at least for fellow Indians who are in plight in Ozland. And to other, I talk facts only - Aussies seem to be losing the tag of "welcoming and tolerant society". Proof is below
500 racist attacks on Indian students
Indian students facing Hell in Australia

Last edited by mpgrewal; May 28th 2009 at 4:33 pm.
Old May 28th 2009, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: crime in melbourne

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
They're trying to make people from Nottingham feel more at home.
Old May 28th 2009, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

moin will become famous soon enough

Got a question:

Hearing lots of people discussing Melbourne in terms of crime on the forums around here...

Why Melbourne and why not other major cities especially Perth and Brisbane?

Are they thought of as safer cities than Melbourne because of their less population and perhaps some other factors??
Old May 29th 2009, 1:54 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

See the link by Husain above and tell me how am I exaggerating. Its another one from yesterday. Today I was listening to Australian High Commissioner to India Mr. McCarthy who disclosed that more than 500 Indian students have been racially assualted in whole of Australia in past 6 months and just 1 arrest so far.

Its very shameful and I don't think any law pervails there, at least for fellow Indians who are in plight in Ozland. And to other, I talk facts only - Aussies seem to be losing the tag of "welcoming and tolerant society". Proof is below
500 racist attacks on Indian students
Indian students facing Hell in Australia
What did the Indian students do to deserve it?
Old May 29th 2009, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Deancm
What did the Indian students do to deserve it?
Are you you stupid or just a racist?
Old May 29th 2009, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all

Australia has always been a racist country ,first the whites against the aboriginals ,then the aussies whites to the wogs ,then all the poms ,now the asians ,just another race that they feel is takin over their country ,dont see why its bein said now its been like this for decades
Old May 29th 2009, 2:23 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter. It has become an everyday incident now.
Can I assume you don't live in Melbourne ? I'm only going by your posts and that you have a signature which seems to show your waiting for your visa to be approved ?

I live in Melbourne and can confirm that this is all a load of media cock. I have been here for over 2.5 years now and have yet to see a punch thrown in anger let alone half the crap they talk about in the papers.

If you're planning on hanging around in notorious nightclubs at 4am then you might get some bother, but seriously how about you reserve judgement until you live here ? Anyone reading the Daily Wail website would think that all business in the UK has shut down and the country is now run by brainless G List celebs and hoodies.

Al
Old May 29th 2009, 2:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Devlin
Are you you stupid or just a racist?
Don't be too quick to jump to conclusions. My post could be taken two ways.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bigAPE
I live in Melbourne and can confirm that this is all a load of media cock. I have been here for over 2.5 years now and have yet to see a punch thrown in anger let alone half the crap they talk about in the papers.
In the last 6 months in Melbourne I have seen more fights than I have seen in London in the last 6 years. In fact I see at least one fight every time I go out in Melb. Friday and Saturday nights has turned into a warzone.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:31 am
Forum Regular

stewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to allstewmac is a name known to all

I suppose it can only be verified by people who actually go out after dark in melb to say what is really happening out there,i never go the CBD theses days due to the same reason ,even Collingwood is safer than the CBD these days
Old May 29th 2009, 6:37 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Horse crap the CBD is fine compared to most major cities been around it till 6 in the norning enough weekends to know
Old May 29th 2009, 7:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Zambia
Horse crap the CBD is fine compared to most major cities been around it till 6 in the norning enough weekends to know
As I previously said, I have witnessed more punch-ons in Melbourne in the last 6 months than I have in London in the last 6 years. Guaranteed I will see at least one every time I go out into town.
Old May 29th 2009, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
In the last 6 months in Melbourne I have seen more fights than I have seen in London in the last 6 years. In fact I see at least one fight every time I go out in Melb. Friday and Saturday nights has turned into a warzone.

I can see why, if I went out with you I would want to give you a thump as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.