Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crime in Australia

Crime in Australia

Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Crime in Australia

I live in Palmerston, near Darwin and love it. Darwin is a pretty safe place. I still lock my doors at night though (most of the time...)

There is crime and there are some suburbs I wouldn't live in, but mostly she's pretty good.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:26 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

What do you expect, the place is full of criminals and immigrants!
Considering it was Britain that cleared up it's crime rate by dumping all their criminals here in the first place in 1788.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No crime here, it's utopia. Actually dug some gold up in the street outside to go and buy my morning coffee with.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:03 pm
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geraldine2
Dear all

I would like to know various crimes occuring in Darwin,perth,Sydney,victoria and brisbane.

Iam moving with my family to Australia with three daughters,which city is safe for me.

From the thread i feel Perth look most dangerous to live.

Please!!! Please advise?

Reards

Gerald
If this forum has led you to believe that Perth is a dangerous place to live, then please understand that sometimes so-called facts that are posted on here are anything but, and can be extremely skewed, inaccurate, and misleading. Unfortunately there's a few bigots that feel the need to trash other cities to give them the security that their city (or even the city that that they left behind) is the best.

All things considered, Perth is not dangerous and is often quoted as being the most family friendly city in Australia.

I don't think anyone can honestly say that you're more likely to be a victim of crime (to any large degree) in any one of those cities more than the others. It will probably be more down to the area that you choose to live in with any of those cities.

There are many places in the world where you need to be very conscious about crime, and generally speaking, Australia is not one of them. Take it easy.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

I live in Perth and I think its a crime the way my wife doesnt let me go out boozing and carousing every night.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

De Mange will become famous soon enoughDe Mange will become famous soon enough

I dont know about crime stats etc but can only say that Australia FEELS safer than Britain.

How much of that is caused by the British media creating the moral panics, Im not sure.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:59 pm
Work to Live!

brido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of lightbrido is a glorious beacon of light

Dear all

I would like to know various crimes occuring in Darwin,perth,Sydney,victoria and brisbane.

Iam moving with my family to Australia with three daughters,which city is safe for me.

Please!!! Please advise?

Reards

Gerald
Dont panic,i researched all i could about Oz before i came out and the crime stats had me alarmed.
The only criminal thing ive seen here are the aussies drivers.I was the only one on the highway one morning and some arsehole joined and put me on the middle verge as he came on from the sliproad!
Be alert on the roads as they are really bad drivers,appart from that, pick a place to stay and enjoy.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:56 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No crime here, it's utopia. Actually dug some gold up in the street outside to go and buy my morning coffee with.
You are aware that it is a crime to dig holes in the public streets aren't you ?

It may also be a crime to dig for gold without a prospecting licence...

No crime you say ....

Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Australia is generally one of the safest places in the world.

You chances of being a victim of crime will increase substantially if :

-You live in an aboriginal community
-You enjoy going out to certain nightspots and enjoy getting drunk and into fights
-You walk around certain areas of cities at night

Other than that i think it is far safer than Britain and there is certainly a lot less anti-social behaviour.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
You are aware that it is a crime to dig holes in the public streets aren't you ?

It may also be a crime to dig for gold without a prospecting licence...

No crime you say ....
And how do you know I've not got a prospecting licence, huh
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:09 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by moneypen20
And how do you know I've not got a prospecting licence, huh
It is also a crime to make a statement about someone that isn't true, therefore I am now a criminal

Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Dear all

Please!!! Please advise?

Reards

Gerald
I live in Perth and only crime that has happened to me in 2 half years of living here is car broken into once.
I have not witnessed much crime, just drunks hanging around on a weekend
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:36 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Statistically, Oz is no different to the UK in terms of crime. Certain types of crime are more prevelant in either country, but in broad terms they're pretty similar.

In the UK I had my fill of city living and moved to the countryside. No crime personally affected me in the 10 years we lived 'rural' though the local building society was robbed at gunpoint one Saturday. And it's no different here - we live semi-rural and no crime has personally affected me in two and a half years in this town. Worst crime locally is the pilfering of outboard motors, which is something of a local speciality (people leave their boats next to their holiday caravans all winter). I dare say that if I lived in Sydney, I'd be singing from a different hymm-sheet, but then I understand that the higher the population density, the higher the incidence of crime.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 12:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

I think the price of lettuce is absolutely criminal....
Old Nov 29th 2008, 2:12 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Pomster
I think the price of lettuce is absolutely criminal....

Did someone mention lettuce ???

I bought one yesterday for 99 cents at ALDI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.