Reload this Page >

Crime in Australia

Crime in Australia

Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

geraldine2 will become famous soon enough
Post Crime in Australia

Dear all

I would like to know various crimes occuring in Darwin,perth,Sydney,victoria and brisbane.

Iam moving with my family to Australia with three daughters,which city is safe for me.

From the thread i feel Perth look most dangerous to live.

Please!!! Please advise?

Reards

Gerald
Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crime in Australia

Just because you read about the crime does not mean its happening in every neighbourhood all the time. There is crime but the majority of people who live here are not involved in anything just like everywhere else. If you read the daily papers from each city there will be a crime mentioned every day just like a car accident but for most of us we just get on with our lives lawfully and safely.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 6:55 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Going from what i read on here Perth sounds like Baghdad on a bad day... I doubt its really like that.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:26 pm
HMP Queensland

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geraldine2 View Post
Dear all

I would like to know various crimes occuring in Darwin,perth,Sydney,victoria and brisbane.

Iam moving with my family to Australia with three daughters,which city is safe for me.

Please!!! Please advise?

Reards

Gerald
Australia has the same crimes as the rest of the world, its just another country.

Same crimes, different bucket.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:40 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus View Post
Going from what i read on here Perth sounds like Baghdad on a bad day... I doubt its really like that.

It really does vary a lot. Some guy got hit by someone with a baseball bat near us, it made front page news in the newspapers.

Other areas, someone shoots into someones house, and we hear nothing about it.

It is just like the UK, in some areas it can be bad, in others very little.

Some people from a good area in the UK move to a bad area in Australia, and their opinion of Australian crime is going to be very bad.

The people who move from a bad area in the UK (like me), to a good area in Australia, will "feel" that there is less crime in Australia.

I feel that the worst areas of Sydney may be worse than the worst areas of Brisbane, but although living in both cities, as I haven't actually lived in either of the "bad" areas of the two, I cannot be sure.

Reading the newspapers is no real guide to the true situation...

There is a suburb about 1 hour south of Darwin that has no crime, and no one bothers to lock the doors etc.
However, after hearing that on the TV, I do wonder how many of the criminal type are moving up that way now

Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Crime in Brisbane is terrible - I was murdered and dismembered three times on my way to work this morning alone.
Old Nov 26th 2008, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

It depends where you live.
Live in bogansville and you will be a statstistic.
Otherwise just as safe as anywhere in UK
Definatley safer place than UK allround.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:33 am
Newlywed

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dear all

Please!!! Please advise?

Reards

Gerald
I think the safest place for you is to stay where you are. Apparently there is crime all over Australia and you are sure to be raped, maimed, robbed, carjacked or murdered within your first days here. Especially if you live in Perth!

Get a grip! Perth is a city of 1.5 million people. Of course there will be some crime, but it's hardly dangerous.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

nessyp is on a distinguished road

I was murdered 3 times in the first week of being here in Perth
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:20 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Dear all

Please!!! Please advise?

Reards

Gerald
All you need to do is make sure you NEVER buy a newspaper and dont switch on the TV between 5pm and 7pm and you'll be fine. You'd be amazed by how totaly crime free the world becomes...

The flipside is that if you read the paper every day and watch the fear-mongering current affairs shows you'll be convinced that death is a certainty shouldyou have a moment of weakness and decided to venture beyond your front door.

I cant compare Australia with other parst fo the world very well ( nobody can since theres no standard way of gathering statistics) - but all the indicators we have suggest that crime levels in Australia (just like the UK) have been falling for a few years now. Of course media reports of crimes have increased and public perception and fear of crime is increased.

Control your own destiny, dont let the bastards get you down and stop worrying about it!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 2:34 am
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Dear all

Please!!! Please advise?

Reards

Gerald
Surely if Crime is a worry you should stay in Dubai.

Basically worry about work first if you have nothing then crime is the least of your worries.

Places where crime is rare tend to have less job oppurtunities.

Melbourne = crime high (enough like )
Melbourne = Jobs loads

Clifton Springs/Geelong = Crime low
Clifton springs/Geelong = Jobs low
Old Nov 27th 2008, 5:10 am
KRL
Just Joined

KRL is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been here 4 months and not witnessed a single crime yet, although my flat mates (who've been here about the same length) have been robbed 3 times...
Guess you just have to be unlucky.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zambia View Post
Surely if Crime is a worry you should stay in Dubai.
Yeah, I mean I've never know anyone getting put in jail for having sex on a beach in Australia...

Or have they?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:42 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Crime is really bad in Australia - I was mugged and raped before I even got there.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama View Post
Crime is really bad in Australia - I was mugged and raped before I even got there.

What do you expect, the place is full of criminals and immigrants!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.