Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Crimbo Sprout Alert

Crimbo Sprout Alert

Old Dec 20th 2003, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Foggies is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Crimbo Sprout Alert

With 4 days to go, don't forget to remind the mother in law to put the sprouts on to boil for Christmas dinner, we wouldn't want them to be undercooked would we?!!!

We hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year, we're going to find it VERY bizarre, as this is our first Christmas out here and have only been here 6 weeks (Already!) We've decided the best approach is to embrace the Australian way and not try to do any thing too traditional- well we can't anyway as our stuff doesn't arrive until the 2nd January!

Breakfast with Bucks Fizz, picnic lunch on the beach and a BBQ in the evening, without a sprout in sight!
Oh and perhaps the odd beer

The funniest thing that's happened to us so far was when Hannah (14) was bringing our loaned Christmas tree into the living area, she managed to have an argument with the ceiling fan and cut the top of the tree showering us all with mangled plastic branches! The tree has recovered although is a touch under sized!

Best Wishes to you all,

Cheers,

Marc & Claire Hannah & Robert
Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:06 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't touch the evil things myself but my cousin gorges himself on them. Then a couple of hours later he clears the room with some spectacular wind.
Old Dec 20th 2003, 11:31 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Crimbo Sprout Alert

Originally posted by Foggies

The funniest thing that's happened to us so far was when Hannah (14) was bringing our loaned Christmas tree into the living area, she managed to have an argument with the ceiling fan and cut the top of the tree showering us all with mangled plastic branches! The tree has recovered although is a touch under sized!
Tell Hannah not to worry too much about that, my experience once, was waking up very early, stretching myself, in a vertical direction, and finding out how much those damn blades can hurt the fingers !!

I'm always very carefull now.

Old Dec 21st 2003, 1:21 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

horrified to report that my other half is at this moment in time in practice for christmas day!
I have come downstairs (to sleep on the sofa) to escape the hole that has appeared in the ozone layer above our house!!!!!

Why do mens farts always smell worse that womens???

And the kids are as bad!!! Their room stinks!!!

Sue
(gassed and knackered)
Old Dec 21st 2003, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
horrified to report that my other half is at this moment in time in practice for christmas day!
I have come downstairs (to sleep on the sofa) to escape the hole that has appeared in the ozone layer above our house!!!!!

Why do mens farts always smell worse that womens???

And the kids are as bad!!! Their room stinks!!!

Sue
(gassed and knackered)
the worst thing is meaty farts when you're a veggie though... trust me! Sorry that you're sleep deprived Sue!
Old Dec 21st 2003, 4:23 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently wadworths 6x and a Madras combine well for the following day. I recently had a falafel that nearly evacuated the neighbourhood.

Then there is air cabin de-pressurisation. Plays havoc with my guts especially if I drink the beer or eat anything remotely guffy. Flight seems to go quicker though.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks for reminding me Foggy I must go out and but 2 kilos of sprouts only to chuck 1.9kg away after dinner That is if my Mum doesn't get hold of them, she makes that awful 'bubble and squeak' stuff for the next 2 weeks. It is like snot and mash

Have a great day on the beach guys.
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:17 am
Badge

I quite like sprouts. Have to admit I CAN really stink a place out - my boss was like "jesus did something die in here?'

blokes are worse, Me and Mrs B2B drunk and ate the same, yet I was the one who had to escape the room to evacuate all my excess throughout the night...(felt a bit crook too)

BM

Old Dec 21st 2003, 10:31 am
WBB

Originally posted by Larissa
the worst thing is meaty farts when you're a veggie though... trust me! Sorry that you're sleep deprived Sue!

lol

for me eggy farts are worst.

Old Dec 21st 2003, 2:30 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

I must have the most bizzarre child..........sprouts are her favourite food....

got some really strange looks once when my daughter stood in the supermarket and begged me to buy some..
Old Dec 21st 2003, 7:53 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by artep
I must have the most bizzarre child..........sprouts are her favourite food....

got some really strange looks once when my daughter stood in the supermarket and begged me to buy some..

hahaha!!!
My friends and relations are always amazed that all 3 of my kids love their veggies - the sight of 2 year olds begging for more cabbage is hilarious!!! sprouts, and salad are all favourites.
We had pizza, salad and coleslaw for tea tonight - they ate the salad and coleslaw and hardly looked at the pizza!!!

sue
(the owner of very odd children!!)
Old Dec 21st 2003, 8:17 pm
WBB

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hahaha!!!
My friends and relations are always amazed that all 3 of my kids love their veggies - the sight of 2 year olds begging for more cabbage is hilarious!!! sprouts, and salad are all favourites.
We had pizza, salad and coleslaw for tea tonight - they ate the salad and coleslaw and hardly looked at the pizza!!!

sue
(the owner of very odd children!!)

dont knock it !!!

my 5 year old wont look at her veggies and rarely eats a full meal (unless it comes from mcdonalds.)

Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
dont knock it !!!

my 5 year old wont look at her veggies and rarely eats a full meal (unless it comes from mcdonalds.)
With u there WBB. For xmas lunch one of mine (6) will have the works (although prob minus the sprouts) and the other (8) will have a sausage roll and toast. Oh no - do they have Sayers in Oz?

Muzzman - who will eat sprouts and enjoy them
Old Dec 21st 2003, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Muzzman is an unknown quantity at this point

Stop press - Muzzwoman has just says she likes her sprouts mashed - had a disturbed childhood as her mum mashed everything that could be mashed!!

Muzzman - hiding the masher!:scared: