Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cricket match (Gabba) - how long does it last?

Cricket match (Gabba) - how long does it last?

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:21 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Cricket match (Gabba) - how long does it last?

My husband is going to the cricket match tomorrow at the Gabba. It's the first time he's gone so neither of us have any idea how long it will last.

I think it starts about 1:15. Does anyone have any idea when it would be over? I know that's quite variable with cricket We're just trying to sort out how he's going to get home.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:25 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cricket match (Gabba) - how long does it last?

Wouldn't expect it to be over until mid evening depending on how quickly the wickets fall - prob 8 or 9pm
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:28 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ridds
Wouldn't expect it to be over until mid evening depending on how quickly the wickets fall - prob 8 or 9pm
Thanks, that helps with the planning
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:32 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by comet555
My husband is going to the cricket match tomorrow at the Gabba. It's the first time he's gone so neither of us have any idea how long it will last.

I think it starts about 1:15. Does anyone have any idea when it would be over? I know that's quite variable with cricket We're just trying to sort out how he's going to get home.
With India's win yesterday I'd say it could go the distance.

It's scheduled to end at 9pm but with the slow over rate I'd put my money on a 9:30 finish.

Might even go meself actually
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:37 am
Canuck/Aussie

Thanks for that I guess. So about 9-9:30 then. I haven't seen much of cricket but I do know it seems to last forever

So definitely late evening then. I think he'll end up taking the bus home anyway, but it's nice to know what's happening.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 2:21 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that I guess. So about 9-9:30 then. I haven't seen much of cricket but I do know it seems to last forever

So does waiting for a bus in either direction to go to the cricket - take a train.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 3:40 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

So definitely late evening then. I think he'll end up taking the bus home anyway, but it's nice to know what's happening.

I have just bought 2 tickets for tomorrow - should be a good game after last nights India win. There are still some available for $42 which also includes free public transport on any bus or train. Anyone else going?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 4:04 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Just one bit of advice. Dont take any kind of backpack/rucksack - they dont let them in under any conditions. Also hard eskys are a no no (the soft ones are OK). Best not to take too much with you - food is pretty cheap and there is free water.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:46 am
Canuck/Aussie

Hmm.... interesting.

My husband will be taking the train from the CBD from work. He would normally have his backpack with him, which would contain his lunch.

So, I'm guessing he'll have to leave the backpack and work and just bring his lunch bag with him.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:52 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carbery
- food is pretty cheap and there is free water.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

I have just bought 2 tickets for tomorrow - should be a good game after last nights India win. There are still some available for $42 which also includes free public transport on any bus or train. Anyone else going?
Mmmmmmmm it's alright for some mate Have a good day
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:07 am
Decreased member

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Mmmmmmmm it's alright for some mate Have a good day

It was a last minute discission - only got the tickets at lunchtime today. Cant decide who to support though!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

It was a last minute discission - only got the tickets at lunchtime today. Cant decide who to support though!
Well England of courseSorted
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:04 am
Ping-ponging Pom

dave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of lightdave7370 is a glorious beacon of light

It should be a cracking match! Been a few years since I went to the Gabba (Oz v NZ).... hmmm..... to watch on the box or go and watch for real?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:13 pm
Decreased member

Originally Posted by dave7370
It should be a cracking match! Been a few years since I went to the Gabba (Oz v NZ).... hmmm..... to watch on the box or go and watch for real?

Mate if you have the day off its a no - brainer there are still $42 tickets available. Went to the last Aus v India ODI a few weeks ago and although the rain spoilt it there was a great atmosphere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.