Creepy Crawlies

Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

julesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Creepy Crawlies

Hiya

I know that moving to a different country with a different climate will bring lots of nasty creepy crawlies, and ive seen the pics of the worst ones on here!!!!

But how do you all cope with them? Is there a spray to kill them? Or is it just a case of screaming your head off, and battering the offending crawlie with a yard brush??
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Melbourne, Australia & Maputo, Mozambique, working in Somalia
JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Creepy Crawlies

Originally Posted by julesy
Hiya

I know that moving to a different country with a different climate will bring lots of nasty creepy crawlies, and ive seen the pics of the worst ones on here!!!!

But how do you all cope with them? Is there a spray to kill them? Or is it just a case of screaming your head off, and battering the offending crawlie with a yard brush??
A different country...with a different climate....how are you with penguins? Try Antarctica.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JR230898
A different country...with a different climate....how are you with penguins? Try Antarctica.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

JR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of lightJR230898 is a glorious beacon of light

Julesy,

Apology for the above but,..don't let your life be controlled/limited by insects.

There are only 20 odd million people in front of you here in Australia, some of who have been here for over 40,000 yrs. Insects are just another aspect of life here....sorry for being so blunt but,....learn to live with them.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Candy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the roughCandy Groove is a jewel in the rough

Hiya

I'm not there yet Julesy (few more weeks and I will be ) but my Australian friend who isn't at all bothered by creepy crawlies said that even she finds them too invasive at times and now gets pest control to do whatever they do once a year. From what she says it's a fairly standard thing to do but like I said I'm not there yet and yes I will be forking out the cash to get it done
Old Oct 19th 2008, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

ausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond reputeausi dream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JR230898
Julesy,

Apology for the above but,..don't let your life be controlled/limited by insects.

There are only 20 odd million people in front of you here in Australia, some of who have been here for over 40,000 yrs. Insects are just another aspect of life here....sorry for being so blunt but,....learn to live with them.
I dont think that answered Julesy question.

Hi Julesy, if you do a search on Brisbane creatures at the top.

You will find most of what you need to know as this topic has been covered before.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 5:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ausi dream
I dont think that answered Julesy question.
...and I think you are correct...you don't think.

Learning to live with the insects we have here in Australia or, anywhere else for that matter, IS a way of coping with them and ultimately, probably the most appropriate way.

Did anyone make Julesy aware we also have the 10 most poisonous snakes, some of the largest crocodiles in the world, the deadliest spider, and that our shorelines are prowled by sharks that eat people....and yet... on any given day, there are many many more people killed in car accidents. Does this scare people away from getting into cars?
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Hiya

Creepy Crawlies are great. They save a lot of maintenance on the weekend. You need to make sure the hose has no leaks, and sometimes they get blocked with big leaves or twigs.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya

Hi Julesy, when we first came here we were paranoid about spiders and cockroaches etc. We have our house sprayed once a year which keeps most things out and if we do by any chance get something in we usually kill it with a spray called Mortein. When we first came we used to go through a can a week lol spraying room edges etc but now only use it to actaully kill something
Old Oct 20th 2008, 8:35 am
Just Joined

Thanks to everyone who replied, all comments taken on board