Credit Unions

Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:25 pm
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Credit Unions

Whats the deal ...any good??

No fees whatsoever it appears ....seems too good to be true...is there a catch I've not noticed??

Looking at 'Nurses1st'.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 5:20 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Default Re: Credit Unions

Originally Posted by Weirdstone
Whats the deal ...any good??

No fees whatsoever it appears ....seems too good to be true...is there a catch I've not noticed??

Looking at 'Nurses1st'.
I'll bump this up for you!

In the meantime, when we lived in Oz (NSW), I was a member of a credit union, had my salary paid into my account - basically they are like a bank. They will provide loans and mortgages, although at the time we were there, they didn't lend as much as the banks, but things may have changed now.

If I were to go back, I think I would definitely use a credit union rather than a bank, but it's a subjective issue and everyone will have their own thoughts.

What state are you going to? I would search on the internet for credit unions in that state and see what info they provide.

Sorry I couldn't help any more.

Blossom
Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:49 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Credit Unions

Originally Posted by Blossom
I'll bump this up for you!

In the meantime, when we lived in Oz (NSW), I was a member of a credit union, had my salary paid into my account - basically they are like a bank. They will provide loans and mortgages, although at the time we were there, they didn't lend as much as the banks, but things may have changed now.

If I were to go back, I think I would definitely use a credit union rather than a bank, but it's a subjective issue and everyone will have their own thoughts.

What state are you going to? I would search on the internet for credit unions in that state and see what info they provide.

Sorry I couldn't help any more.

Blossom
Been in Victoria for nearly 3 years !

Just up to now have banked with HSBC ...but there are so few branches...it's getting to be a nusiance.

Cheers