Reload this Page >

Credit Rating Score Question

Credit Rating Score Question

Old Jul 25th 2018, 12:43 pm
Just Joined

xavier2k3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Credit Rating Score Question

Hi guys,

I moved to Melbourne from London with my employer at the start of May and wondered if anyone knew how long it takes for a credit rating to be established?

I had issues originally when I moved when setting up utilities, being new to the country. I had to pay for 3 months up front for my mobile phone plan with Telstra, but was refused Broadband as apparently Telstra only allow you to pay a pre-approval 3 months in advance one time. Luckily I moved to an apartment in the CBD that is has it's own Energy and Broadband supplier agreements for tenants, so have both ticking through on direct debits.

I'm going to be travelling a fair bit, both interstate and internationally, so I want to apply for an Amex for my spending and pay it off in full each month to start racking up frequent flyer points with Qantas.

I've read conflicting things about how long it takes to build up a credit rating. Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks in advance!