Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Credit Crunch - any jobs still available in finance in Oz?

Credit Crunch - any jobs still available in finance in Oz?

Old Jul 20th 2008, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of lightMrs Kiwi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Credit Crunch - any jobs still available in finance in Oz?

Hi,
I hear the "credit crunch" as the UK media call it has reached Oz too in terms of petrol and food prices rapidly rising and the housing market cooling.
I work for a loan broker in the UK, underwriting secured loans and when I did my reccie last year I was pleased to see so many loan & mortgage companies everywhere in Queensland. I came away optimistic about my chances of getting a job in that field.
However, the loan company I work for in the UK are suffering massively as a result of the credit crunch as the banks we are brokers for are really restricting who they will lend money to. I have seen my monthly & annual bonuses slashed and then cease altogether and my company is certainly not recruiting, if anything it will probably look to make redundancies before too long.
Is this the case in Australia too? Have I got any chance of getting a job in this field in Oz at the moment? Thanks, Kelly x