Credit Cards ????

Wikiposts

Credit Cards ????

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 8:26 pm
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Credit Cards ????

Originally Posted by chaleyscott
surely if you try and get a credit card in the UK now and tell them you are moving to Oz they won't give it to you. I would have thought they wouldn't be covered as, of course, any of us could 'disappear'.

I don't have a credit card here at the moment and would need one over there for the first few months for rent etc. What sort of credit limit can you expect from an Oz credit card when you first arrive??
Barclaycard send my bill straight to my aussie address, even the pre-printed envelopes they send have Great Britain and airmail printed on them. They can also transfer your UK credit rating to an Oz card when you get out here, as far as I am aware they are the only UK card that do it.

TBEB
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:16 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jimtrish
hi donna/malc,

never heard of westpac, are they good and do they have credit cards etc?
hope you guys are ok and settling in.
Trish
westpac credit card you can either pay no annual fee but u get no interest free period, or u pay an annual fee and get IF period..........BUT if you get a Virgin credit card there is no annual fee and u get up to 50 days interest free and guess what,,,,,its supplied by.......................WESTPAC

We opened westpac account before we left UK they have been OK we have just got a mortgage with them no bother, but the fees shit they r steeep, but then all the banks r the same
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
westpac credit card you can either pay no annual fee but u get no interest free period, or u pay an annual fee and get IF period..........BUT if you get a Virgin credit card there is no annual fee and u get up to 50 days interest free and guess what,,,,,its supplied by.......................WESTPAC

We opened westpac account before we left UK they have been OK we have just got a mortgage with them no bother, but the fees shit they r steeep, but then all the banks r the same
cheers for that, so am i right in thinking that most banks will offer a credit card with your new account in oz but youve just got to shop around for the best deal?
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 10:33 pm

cheers for that, so am i right in thinking that most banks will offer a credit card with your new account in oz but youve just got to shop around for the best deal?

Best deal just now id Virgin...if ur not into airmiles etc(I have been looking for a vredit card for months)......there loyalty system they call it Mates Rates......in that u get the discount there and then, u dont save up points....some of the discounts are pretty good.

once we applied they took 6 days to come thro.....got instant $8500 to spend
Old Mar 4th 2005, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Best deal just now id Virgin...if ur not into airmiles etc(I have been looking for a vredit card for months)......there loyalty system they call it Mates Rates......in that u get the discount there and then, u dont save up points....some of the discounts are pretty good.

once we applied they took 6 days to come thro.....got instant $8500 to spend
is that with no credit history, and just your pr visa and proof of address?
Old Mar 4th 2005, 8:33 am

is that with no credit history, and just your pr visa and proof of address?
no credit history but hubby did have a job when we applied.......we just ticked the yes box for PR and gave hubbys work details that was it